I'm thinking that because it changes the size of your browser window, that this is a prelude to the devs making KoL playable on mobile devices such as iPhones or Gameboys.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Golianor (talk • contribs)
- It already is.--Toffile 15:09, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Could this be some big event that is going to happen to KoL.
I am thinking, cause it is underground, maybe the return of your nemesis?
Or maybe something to do with demons cause we have had alot of those with the infernal seals. --Theopenandclosedbook 10:00, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Given the heat and scary aspects, I'm thinking Heartbreak is open, though since everyone is seeing it, maybe there's a way for non-BM to access the BM area now?--AltyMcAltAlt 10:04, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Nope, the Heartbreaker's Hotel isn't open for business yet. Just checked. But then again, I haven't received this adventure yet (in the 22 turns in which I knew about its existence), maybe it's a requirement. -- Ruby Eyes 10:09, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- My guess is that what we're seeing is the genesis of a (long-awaited) volcano --Tim teh pwner 13:52, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Heartbreaker's isn't open for me either. I'm in Bad Moon aftercore and just got the adventure in the Briny Deeps. --Pneuma08 16:36, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
I've received this message at The Goatlet. I guess everyone receives it.
Yeah, would be great to be able to fight the nemesis again! I've only read about it so far.
I guess its some sort of a nemesis alarm.
Since the event started at 8 hours after Rollover, I'm going to bet that the next portion of the event happens 8 hours after that (16 after Rollover), with the main content showing up at Rollover tonight.--AltyMcAltAlt 10:41, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Maybe some kind of war is going to start... --Beliar Lightbearer 10:55, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Hmmm, who vs who thought? We have pirate vs hippies vs frat boys How about Infernal Seals vs angelic ones? --Theopenandclosedbook 11:34, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the beach... after all, both images are sand related. -- sulfur 11:35, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Something that makes the little hairs on your arm stand up? time to stock up on cute resistance, methinks. --Evilkolbot 11:36, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds like spooky to me. -- sulfur 11:51, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Just ascended and got this 'adventure' again in the Spooky Forest. Looks like it's a one-time adventure, but not a really one-time one.--Scodi 13:53, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Black Forest here. In case it matters, Pastamancer (lvl 13). Didn't re-size my frames, re-sized my whole window. Not-maximized Firefox. Has anyone looked into the Nemesis theory by checking the guild? EDIT: nope, class doesn't matter. Didn't think it would, but thought I'd mention. I just got another with a multi on the F'c'le, and then another with another multi on hippy/frat battlefield. Then another in about the most inappropriate place, the Hole in the Sky. Whatever this is, Jick n crew want EVERYONE to know about it, that much is clear. Keep your ears on the radio show, folks...I have a feeling questions will be flowing in, and hints may be dropped. As for possible theories: can't say as I have any. Just keep in mind who we're dealing with: whatever it is, it'll likely "raise hell" and/or be "earth-shattering." Yes, cheesy puns, but...this is KoL, after all.--Lukarnis 14:26, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Nothing going at the guild as yet. -- sulfur 14:29, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
It certainly isn't one time. I've got it twice, once it was still but the second time I shook. this was at about lunch time GMT. OK??!! Hoborobo 15:45, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- The shaking doesn't seem to be consistent. I have gotten it only once for each character, but it only shook the first time for me. Maybe the script is written such that it sets it to a random/arbitrary quality, and then resizing the window doesn't register with the script. I haven't closed the window yet, so this is my guess...but then, since your FIRST didn't shake, I really don't know.--Lukarnis 15:59, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm up in the Hole in the Sky, and it showed up after 55 adventures. I had the "uh oh" page first, and when I clicked on it the crack showed up. I don't think my whole screen shoke, though, and this is my first time. Moynusaxon 16:49, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
I saw it in the Spooky Forest after around 20 adventures, it didn't shake my screen so much as it stopped it from being full screen. Using firefox though, if that matters. --Muhfin 17:16, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- It makes a difference. I used a form of Internet Explorer for my first character, and Firefox for my secondary character. Secondary did get the "shake" effect of resizing the window.
I also saw it in the spooky forest at adventure 22, viewed through mafia. Speculating wildly it might be a new phase of the dwarf puzzle? All the mining for ore, Lump Of Coal and such causing sink holes?--Sp8z 17:36, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Speaking of mafia, anyone think this may have to do with the penguin mafia. the return of a certain grimacite core, or something? maybe the RETURN OF THE CRIMBOMONATION (aaaaaaah!) -epix
Hmmm.. what if this is the Nemesis quest AND the Hotel opening? That would be awesome.--Terry 19:15, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
I was in the middle of a basement dive, and for those 172 adventures, I didn't get this. Then after 32 adventures in the Icy Peak, it occurred. -- Wagr 20:57, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Could this possibly be something to do with the rearrangement of the Big Mountains? There is a 2 by 2 square without anything in it, unless you count The Dark and Dank Sinister Cave. They might be putting something in that 2x2 space. *ominous voice* Something big. EDIT: Possibly NS15? But how would she increase her power by another two levels? --TheNachomancer 05:02, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
From [radio transcript JULY.16.2009]: Q: Sea fairy, confirm? J: The Sea will be the next content release, and should all be released together. (zones, stuff)
Halfvoid 06:44, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Maybe this next new sea area has some connection with the mer-kin prayer beads, since they are also in reference to "spooky" things and make you feel uneasy --Talq 01:52, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
Mum on the radio, I take it? Haven't seen any posts about it but for the one above, which was a little while before this started. Anything since?--Lukarnis 08:18, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
Crack image upload problem...
I tried uploading the crack.gif image to the wiki, and got the following error:
- Internal error
- From TheKolWiki
- The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.
The quake is affecting us too! :) -- sulfur 11:50, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- could you send it to me at gmail (long story) and i'll have a go. --Evilkolbot 11:52, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Evilkolbot (at) that google mail place? -- sulfur 12:04, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- yup, that's me. --Evilkolbot 18:18, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- This seems to be a generic issue with uploading images. I thought it might just be that the file is named "crack" and the wiki's security was oblitering it as a result; not the case. Even the wiki admins can't get around it. Gonna take a coldfront admin to deal with this, it seems. Jinya has been notified of the matter, at least. --Flargen 17:50, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Evilkolbot (at) that google mail place? -- sulfur 12:04, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Either way -- sent the image along to you this am. :) -- sulfur 03:03, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
On my browser, this was "Rumble On", both capitalized. Adventure #395. I've got a screenshot of it if needed. -- sulfur 11:04, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Confirmed and page moved. --Lordebon 11:18, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
The page says it started at 6:00 EDT, but the first post about it in the forum is dated 5:53 EDT. --Cait 18:46, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Close enough.--Terry 19:15, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
Could the name refer to the ol' classic Zeppelin track "Ramble On"? That's what I read the first time I saw it. -- sulfur 12:31, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- The 'what is it good for' subtitle seems to suggest an Edwin Starr 'War' reference. More war coming to the KoL? -- Ralphomon 16:09, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Looks like the cave Nemesis is coming back and might not stay beaten down. I fought my nemesis today on a long unascended account and as the screen shot shows, end of battle includes a threat of more action. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 20:26, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Good find, Club, but the Nemesis has been on his/her/its way back for a while now... that doesn't necessarily link Rumble On to the Nemesis.
- ...I still hope it is Nemesis-related, though. --Unnatural20 22:37, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Ummmm.... Did you miss the extra text after "You Win the Fight"? That's new. Or at least it's not on the page for Spaghetti Elemental --Shoptroll 04:13, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- No, I didn't miss it. I see it. The fact that the old Nemesis has new text means it's coming back, and some code is already in place. That's still not a definite link between the Nemesis and Rumble On. --Unnatural20 09:31, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- "putting it firmly in "quake" territory" - I think that's a refference to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. --Alibulibadaha 08:35, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- It had me thinking ETQW as well.--Kamikaze14 19:34, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- (Sorry, sort of new to this.) @Club: How did you get that adventure? I'm curious. EDIT: Oh wait. nvm. Just read the rest of the post. Sorry. --Lycander 02:56, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Is it odd that this is occurring the day before Arrbor day? Any theories involving that? --Devion 02:42, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
It's also occurring on Arrrbor Day, so probably not. --TheNachomancer 04:50, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Is this per person per day? Or per person per ascension or something like that? I got it once on the day before Arrrbor day, and once the day of, but not until I had ascended. --Unnatural20 09:31, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- I got it the first day, but not the second. I adventured in the hippy camp (stone age) for all of both days, in case that matters.--Yiab 13:03, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Got it first day not the second. Got it in Whitey's Grove. Second day was spent entirely in Arrrboretum and Penultimate Fantasy Airship.--Helix 15:57, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- I got it the first day, on my 32nd? adventure and on the second day spent ~200 adventures without it (wasn't paying strict attention, sorry, but it was all Arrrboretum + other adventure.php). I then ascended and got it around ~30 adventures again. It seems to be incredibly likely and a one time per ascension. Also, Scodi, above, mentioned getting it twice on the first day, the second time after he ascended, which supports this. --Pneuma08 16:32, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Okay thanks folks! I'll add this to the main page. --Unnatural20 21:21, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- I got it once the first day, not again the second, but then got it again yesterday about 40 adventures after ascending. -- Wagr 15:22 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Linking of "new" encounters?
Should we add (tenuous) links to the other new content that *MAY* be related to this adventure? I find it difficult to track updates to the new developments as they occur, especially if Recent Changes fills up quickly, and a centralised page for new content would help. I mean something like "Rumble On was followed at insert date with another new combat adventure, the Rock snake." If another new interim step is added, it can then be tacked on the end, and ultimately formatted in to a nice dot-point list for the curious. How did something like The Gray Plague or the evolution of the sightings in The LAAAAME Observatory get tracked? --Kalon999 23:46, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- So ideally, this would happen once we have a better sense of what the bigger picture is like. If it's part of a global event, then this and the related encounters could go under that category. In the meantime, it's probably sufficient to make sure the encounters link to each other. --Itsatrap 00:37, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- I noticed that GoldS has uploaded some new images, this time of a "Rock hopper" and a "Rock fish". I'd assume it's pretty safe to say they fall in the same category and is an indication that either we'll start seeing more rock monsters soon appearing randomly or we'll get a new zone where these rock monsters can be fought. --BongBob 11:17, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- A rock guy image has been found as well. --AnyLameName 19:28, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- This morning I found a rock beholder. I uploaded it and also placed a link on my user page. --AnyLameName 14:17, 29 July 2009 (UTC)