this page should eventually be deleted when we sort out all these links into their appropriate categories. --yawgm8th 01:31, 10 May 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- Shouldn't this be a Category page? --xcorvis 18:33, 15 Jun 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- We have categories for these things, but this page is quickly becoming outdated. So many changes... We just need to make sure most recipes are linked into the categories, and then take this page down some time. --jin 01:02, 16 Jun 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
The description for untinkering claims that you cannot untinker the scrolls from the Valley of Rof L'm Fao. I know for a fact that 668 scrolls can be untinkered back into two 334 scrolls, and I'm fairly certain the 64067 scroll can also be split back into a 30669 scroll and 33398 scroll. Is there some special exception for the 31337 scroll and 64735 scroll which prevents them from being taken apart, similar to the meat stack not being untinkerable into meat from yesterday and fairy gravy? And, if so, why? --Quietust 22:47, 9 August 2006 (CDT)
Proposals to change how this article is categorized in wiki
Hi there. I came across this article because it's in Category:Help. My understanding is that that category is for Help pages on how to edit the wiki, not on how to do stuff in the game. I've also noticed some discussion around the function for this article, and I had some proposals.
- Remove this page from Category:Help.
- Add this page to Game_Mechanics#Various, or Game_Mechanics#Other_Articles because it's about how things work overall in the game (seems to me that both those groups are pretty much the same)
- Add this page to Category:Items.
- Change the article name to "Recipe mechanics", "How to use recipes", or some other name that indicates that it's a reference sheet about process of creating items from stuff in your inventory.
- Create a redirect so that searching for existing article name still will find the article.
Anyway, I'm going to leave a message on the talk pages of people who contributed to the article (unless I get tired of copy/paste). Please add your comments and/or ideas. ColtsScore 16:39, 16 November 2007 (CST)
- I can agree easily enough to the first three points; I'm a bit uncertain as far as renaming; and as to any redirects, I'd like to know what kind of names should redirect to this page. --Sparksol 04:24, 17 November 2007 (CST)
- I assume this page is in Category:Help because it describes how to properly read the wiki's recipe tables, which is "wiki help", not editing, but recipes aren't shown as such in game, so it is wiki-specific. I think it's in Category:Basics because it is also KoL help, as creating items from other items is a fundamental of KoL. This page probably ought to linked to in context from Category:Crafting Items rather than be listed in the category because technically, a recipe isn't a "crafting item", same with Category:Items, a recipe isn't an item, but a method, but it sure could link to the page. Depending on one's interpretation of "game mechanics", one could consider "item creation" a game mechanic, so that page linking to here wouldn't harm anything. It's named what is is because it's short and simple to link to, also, I think we were thinking of linking pages' recipe sections to it, but having some section headers being links and others not would be inconsistent, both in functionality and appearance. I do admire your tenacity though, ColtsScore, for you did (or will after the weekend passes) gain attention to your issue by posting on "everyone"'s talk pages. And even though in the whole scheme of things, I consider this a comparatively trivial matter in which your effort was a little overkill, it did keep you small comment on a talk page from being overlooked, like so many others do. ;-) --JRSiebz (☎|§|‡) 00:35, 18 November 2007 (CST)
- I find myself agreeing with everything JRSiebz said, which makes my response here logically equivalent to "Me too!" 8-) -- Old Ned 04:04, 4 December 2007 (CST)
- I suggest taking this page out of Category:Crafting Items and putting it into a new Category:Crafting, which would also include all the various item creation skills and methods (cooking, jewelrycrafting, star charting, whatever) it lists. We also need a link to this page from the front page. —Yendor 05:00, 4 December 2007 (CST)