Season Four PvP minigames
What does it mean to be the "best diver"? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Stonecat (talk • contribs) on 17:39, 7 November 2012
- Having the highest value of current "Makes you a better diver" enchantments and effects at the time the fight takes place. --Yatsufusa 20:56, 7 November 2012 (CET)
The New PvP minigames
There's some new minigames, as a lot of you may have noticed, so let's list what we can find, and what it's associated with.
- Adventurer's Prowess: Attacker's chosen stat
- Adventurer's Flexibility: Some other stat
- Balanced Diet Comparison: Most different types of food eaten
- Birds of a Slimy Feather: Most slimy(?)
- The Egg Hunt: Probably not "most oyster eggs". Most oyster eggs found?
- Epic-urean: Most hobonic (Hobo Power?)
- Exterminator, Too: Most rats killed (after tavern quest?)
- Flowers Picked: Most flowers picked
- Mystery Contest: It is a mystery (or is it?)
- Spelunker: Basement level?
- Swimming with the Fishes: Most turns spent underwater?
- Upwards Mobility Contest: Most fame gained (how does it work?)
- Verbosity Demonstration: Most pieces of equipment
- Who Will Not Not Eat Them: Eating the most "hockses in boxes with foxes". Maybe has to do with Green Hamhock?
That might be everything. --JohnAnon 21:02, 1 May 2012 (CEST)
Oh, I realized they have a list of minigames. Disregard this. --JohnAnon 21:15, 1 May 2012 (CEST)
Using a familiar that increase my item drop % improves my 'The Egg Hunt' score but familiar weight buffs do not seem to improve this. Has anyone else noticed this? --Alexbishops 17:21, 7 May 2012 (CEST)
In the "Minigames" section, the first sentence of the section on Adventurer's Prowess is confusing. It states "The first round of PvP compares the buffed stat which the attacker chose to attack with (or a random stat if the attacker chose Ballyhoo)." Firstly, compares the buffed stat... with what? (the rest of the paragraph clarifies this somewhat, but the opening sentence should say "compares the buffed stat of the attacker with the buffed stat of the defender", or something). Secondly, or random stat if the attacker chooses Ballyhoo? I thought Ballyhoo had something to do with skills, not buffed stats? What exactly does this mean? --RogerMexico 20:12, 29 May 2012 (CEST)
- When you Ballyhoo, the game rolls a random stat to check for challenge #1 (as opposed to choosing one) against your opponent. Then instead of checking a random offstat as challenge #2, the game rolls an extra minigame from the list. Skills is a bit misleading, but I think that's the game's description of it.--Toffile 22:07, 29 May 2012 (CEST)
- That is a really good explanation. If nobody who understands it better than I do updates the wiki page to reflect that explanation in the next couple of days, I'll take a stab at it myself.--RogerMexico 03:22, 31 May 2012 (CEST)
- cDmOyER: The campground stuff does nothing
- cDmOyER: I think. The meat golem may still work
- cDmOyER: That stuff will get a new purpose or get phaesd out over the next months
--Greenen72 21:05, 1 May 2012 (CEST).
"NicNak won the fight, [_] to [7-_]! NicNak's Fame increased by 1 to 959. jambosque's Fame decreased by 1 to 205. jambosque's Meat Golem sees NicNak trying to snag an item, and punches them in the stomach. While they're lying on the ground, NicNak decides to pick a flower." Meat golem still in effect as of yesterday.--Jambosque 08:35, 4 June 2012 (CEST)
- how do swagger gains work? i saw on the forums that you get two for a win and one for a loss. that's a lot of pvping for all the items. and, as the post (which i can't find) says, at 10 fights per day that's years of concentrated effort. as my hound dog attests: "the 348th time is the funnest, right?" --Evilkolbot 13:58, 4 May 2012 (CEST)
- It's 2 swagger per fight if you randomly fight an opponent I think. So yeah, it'll take a lot of fights to get an item from the swagger shop, barring some end of season bonus or soome secret way to earn more swagger. It's still not too bad, even if you only have 10 fights by default, you can easily quintuple that yield.--Toffile 15:59, 4 May 2012 (CEST)
- Uncle Hobo's fingerless tinsel gloves, the 2 hamethyst necklaces, grisly shield, cane-mail pants, Corporal Fennel's Lonely Clubs Club Jacket, and the clan furnishings give you +28. The cheap food with liver of steel and 2 pills will give you +19, provided you don't mind drunk pvp fighting. Add red minotaur, that's +5. That's 62 swagger a day if you LOSE every fight. I don't see that taking as much time as lucre, especially since each reward makes the next trip shorter. --Erich 18:11, 4 May 2012 (CEST)
- In honor of your dedication and skill during the long PvP Pre-season, the judges have awarded you a bonus!
You gain some swagger (+22)
I've never broken the prism or participated in any PvP fights. The closest number I can see correlating with 22 is that I have 23 ascensions and currently in 24th run. I've got 21 permed skill and 3 HC-permed. --Gadaree (talk) 18:08, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
"it was done in clan and private chat"
My clan has determined that you gain favor in it via having the most total consumed spleen, and as it stands from evidence, we're on equal ground, so try being a good boy and posting yours.--Greenen72 07:25, 5 May 2012 (CEST)
- the link posted by RT draws a line under this unproductive revert war. next person who reverts without posting detailed spading (or a better link) here gets some cooling off time. --Evilkolbot 09:28, 5 May 2012 (CEST)
- If someone can explain how someone had 300% more than 15 spleen, I'm all ears. It's baggies. Sorry.--Toffile 16:51, 5 May 2012 (CEST)
- [pvp] cDmOyER: I just added some code to reject a person you already lost to, if they are selected randomly, 75% of the time.
--Greycat 17:17, 7 May 2012 (CEST)
- [pvp] cowmanbob: One more minor "love tap" that would be nice. Strip all the spoiler stuff in the fight logs. Make people choose what minis they want to work on by guessing their opponents, not outright spoiling.
- [pvp] cDmOyER: Ok, there.
- [pvp] cDmOyER: "%winnername has gained more fame than %losername. %winnername is a shooting star!"
- [pvp] cDmOyER: "%losername has picked fewer flowers than %winnername. Go %winnername!"
- [pvp] cDmOyER: "%winnername won, because %winnerhe has killed %percentdiff more rats."
- [pvp] cDmOyER: "%winnername has descended more levels into the Depths of Below Fernswarthy's Ruined Tower this season, and is declared the winner."
- [pvp] cDmOyER: There's a few that are still more spoilery, but some that are now not.
--Greycat 17:32, 7 May 2012 (CEST)
- [pvp] CDMoyer: Note: The fame option was broken for a week. ie. not multiplying by 1.5 like it was supposed to
--Greycat 16:29, 8 May 2012 (CEST)
Stat loss spading
Kolschy won the fight, 4 to 3!
Kolschy's Fame increased by 1 to 79.
miniwrld's Fame decreased by 1 to 69.
miniwrld lost some dignity in the attempt.
You gain 0 Fortitude.
You gain 0 Wizardliness.
You gain 0 Chutzpah.
miniwrld said the following: Yay spading PvP stat loss!
You gain a little swagger (+1)
I didn't expect THAT to happen, that's for sure. I was level 3 at the time, base stats were (Mus/Mys/Mox) 5/5/9 as a Disco Bandit. --Wrldwzrd89 01:46, 1 August 2012 (CEST)
- Follow-up to my earlier post: It looks like the formula for stats lost, at least in HC/Ronin, is related to your base main stat somehow... but the exact formula eludes me. Another thing to note is that the stat loss, if the formula returns a result that isn't divisible evenly by 3, is truncated so that it IS evenly divisible by 3. This can lead to losing 0 stats, if the result returned is 1 or 2. Otherwise, the number of stats lost is always evenly distributed among your Muscle, Mysticality, and Moxie. --Wrldwzrd89 18:35, 18 August 2012 (CEST)
I've noticed that during the current season (season 4), some minigames seem to be designated as "tie-breakers." I suspect that this is applied to tied categories (defender wins by default). That is, the scoring seems to count "active" categories preferentially and discard the tie-breakers unless they're needed. Then again, maybe I'm just reading the results incorrectly. --Itsatrap 01:34, 8 November 2012 (CET)
My butler score originally: 11233769. After reading the note, unchanged. After a few adventures in his zone, unchanged. After running away: 0. Twenty adventures later, unchanged. Currently: 15. Might be hours since running away. That would fit the timeline. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 17:42, 2 September 2013 (UTC)
Failure to steal message
When you win a PVP and the opponent has no items you steal you will receive the message: [OPPONENT] has none of the items that [PLAYER] wanted to take. You acquire an item: pretty flower
Unsure of what season 42 was, so cannot update. Anyone?