Talk:Professional Tour Guide
This has something to do with the number of different "favorite familiars" in your ascension history. --Jonrock 16:10, 26 June 2007 (CDT)
The "Now I've Seen it All" leads me to believe... one of each of the basic familiars? Only speculating. --Wisdom is Power
Perhaps this trophy requires 100% runs, rather than just more familiars? Just a thought.--Darkness 20:30, 3 July 2007 (CDT)
I've done 25 100% runs with different familiars, all but one was with Mr Store Familiars... no trophy though --Foamy
do you think that if this is indeed obtained by doing 100% runs with different familiars, that it could be gotten by doing a casual runs and just feeding a comma one type of equipment the entire run? so for instance, you could do a casual run and feed your comma badger badges the entire time for a 100% badger run? --Le canard 19:39, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
- I doubt it. Ascension history will show a picture of a chameleon, so it's considered a Chameleon run. Each time. --terrabyte 10:04, 31 Aug 2007 (CDT)
Who has this trophy? Perhaps it is 10 or more familiars in hardcore? (I hope not) --Deedlee 18:22, 12 August 2007 (CDT)
- Marshall has the trophy. He has done 29 100% and 10 close to 100% runs, all hardcore pre-NS13. Of those 25 are with familiars that are available in game (21 100%, 4 close). The others are limited/mr. store familiars (7 100%, 6 close). It could be 30 runs needed. Might be hardcore runs needed, could be 25 non-mr.store/limited familiar runs.--Darkness 22:48, 17 August 2007 (CDT)
- Or 20 100% non-mr.Store familiars in HC.
- Or 37 >= 97% familiars IN A ROW and/or in HC. Marshall has these qualifications as well. Geez I hope not! --Mailbox head 07:36, 10 September 2007 (CDT)
I got the trophy the day NS 13 came out, at the time I had done 27 100% runs and 3 95% and over, including a few Mr. store familiars --Gorloth 17:36, 11 September 2007 (CDT)
- Were those runs in Hardcore? --Whiskeyzours 19:07, 11 September 2007 (CDT)
- Oops, forgot to mention that, only two of the runs were hardcore, one was a 95% run, the other a 100% --Gorloth 18:44, 12 September 2007 (CDT)
I can now confirm that the correct number is NOT 20. I have 20 familiars at 90% or more, and am not eligible for the trophy. I will check after every ascension, and report back when I have the correct number. --Istanbul 06:30, 16 September 2007 (CDT)
- It's not 22, either. --Istanbul 03:23, 20 September 2007 (CDT)
- Or 25...also note that I'm assuming a 95% bar. I have 23 100% ascensions, one 96%, and one 98%.--Istanbul 03:13, 25 September 2007 (CDT)
- Or 28. I'm getting close. (Oh please god, let me be getting close.)--Istanbul 00:21, 1 October 2007 (CDT)
- Hey everyone, when posting your totals, please also mention how many are non-Mr.Store Familiars. --terrabyte 11:26, 21 September 2007 (CDT)
Over in Talk:Amateur_Tour_Guide there is some speculation that the bar might be a bit higher than 90%. Someone got the Amateur version with 10 runs and the lowest was 93%. Also, several of his/her familiar runs were with Mr. Store familiars. --Foxy Boxy 21:11, 22 September 2007 (CDT)
- That would have been me. I had 10 familiar runs, with the worst percentage being a 93%. I can't state that it is 90% or higher, I can only state that's it's 93% or higher for the amateur trophy. that being said, I'm going to go back and clarify my statement on that page. --Ashallond 17:35, 23 September 2007 (CDT)
Number and Range Spading
Pulled this down so we know what what we are talking about here and what other info we need. Two verified counts of 25 familiars isn't enough to get the trophy, and one account that 30 was enough to get it. Thus the range is 26-30. I'm confident that Istanbul will sort that out for us pretty quickly.
As for % runs, the only verified percentage is 95 and higher. Istanbul's runs so far have all been above 95%. We have no lower number so far to create a range. Once we know the number needed then we can pin down the percentage, however due to Jick and co.'s previous pattern of repeating the feat, but making it a higher number, I'd hypothesize that the two terrarium trophies will have the same percentage.
- Getting badly burnt out (20 three-day runs in a row will do that to you), but here's my plan:
- I have 27 runs with 95% and up. I'll finish this one and the next one at 100%, putting me at 29 runs that supposedly qualify.
- I will then do a run at 90%, and see if that gets me the trophy.
- If not, I will do a run at 95%, and see if that gets me the trophy.
- If that doesn't work, I'm gonna need more time...because that means that at LEAST one (and possibly three) of my runs will need to be re-done.
--Istanbul 09:36, 30 September 2007 (CDT)
- I'm a little bit behind you, but I do have a 93% that works, so if the 90% works out ok, then when I get it, we'll see if we can lower it down any more.
I will be very, very surprised if it's less than 90%. That would make it easier in that regard than Amateur Tour guide, and that seems...unlikely. --Istanbul 15:09, 30 September 2007 (CDT)
- Were any of these done with non-Mr. Store familiars? Or are you assuming that it doesn't matter? Thanks. --terrabyte 16:39, 01 Oct 2007 (CDT)
- I've done an NPZR (non Mr. Store) and Instanbul has done 16 non Mr. Store familiars. Mr. Store/Non-Mr. Store does NOT matter. --Ashallond 18:56, 1 October 2007 (CDT)
I'm working on the assumption that it's 90%, so if I can somehow persuade you to do a 89% run, and then a 90% run we could end this discussion almost immediately. :)--Ashallond 18:56, 1 October 2007 (CDT)
Just a thought--TPTB might have tried to make this intentionally difficult to spade, and so done something funky with the requirement like counting the total excess percentage above 90%, the sum of which has to be 100 or 300. So twenty 95% or ten 100% runs for amateur, and one hundred fifty 92% or thirty 100% etc. --Deusnoctum 16:42, 1 October 2007 (CDT)
No. Fujiko had 4 runs that was not above 90% with two different familiars and 9 90+% runs with no trophy. If you assume any math with that looking for percentages then it should have triggered on the 9th run. If you assume that it is percent over the 90%, then people should have gotten it at different times which has not occurred. Please use Ockham's Razor in assuming the simplest explanation first before moving on to more difficult, harder to prove ideas. Otherwise we all go insane. ;) --Ashallond 18:56, 1 October 2007 (CDT)
ARRRRRRGH!! 805 turns. 720 spent with the GGG, 85 spent with the starfish. I'm no math major, but that should have been a 89% - 90% run, yes? Well, the game sees it as a 96% run, for reasons I may never fathom. The BAD news is that I'm not much help on the percentage front, as all of my runs were 95% or higher. The GOOD news is that I can now confirm with absolute certainty that the number of familiars is 30. *sigh* Sorry, folks. --Istanbul 04:30, 5 October 2007 (CDT)
I'm not sure if it counts turns that the familiar isn't used in (shore, guild, etc.) However, your lowest percentage is 95% correct? Ask around and try to find anyone who also has the trophy and we can see if we can pin the % down. --Ashallond 17:50, 5 October 2007 (CDT)
I finally got this trophy today with a 92% run. I was aiming to get right at a 90% run, but I screwed it up. So, It's somewhere between 88 and 92%, since my next lowest run was 88%. --Melanti 21:34, 5 October 2007 (CDT)
somebody add that. --El taco 02:00, 6 October 2007 (CDT)
Actually it's 89-92...since 88 didn't get it, it has to be 89 or higher. --Ashallond 22:33, 11 October 2007 (CDT)
Has anyone thought to see how extra familiar xp (white candy heart, doppelganger, etc) may affect the numbers? I know it's still heavily in research for just the basics, but it's a thought that crossed my mind when I realized I couldnt count how many times I had actually used a familiar to do the 90ish% math when I had been using white hearts. --Davydd 19:20, 19 October 2007 (CDT)
Thok did a 100% no-familiar run, and it was counted toward his Professional Tour Guide; he earned it with exactly 30 100% runs, one of which was no-familiar.--Fujiko 01:34, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
nevermind...i counted again...i have 30 +90% and 1 89.5%...i did not qualify for this trophy last ascension, so it is higher than 89.5%...ive had the 89.5% one for a long time--charred talk | contributions 23:18, 6 April 2009 (UTC)