Is there a cap on damage reduction?
- +15 ML = 3 stats a battle as well. Generally the shield beats another sickle, though it becomes slightly ambiguous when you are talking about using a sombrero as that increases stats based on ML as well.--Practitioner of Saucy Arts 13:13, 1 November 2006 (CST)
- Shouldn't the sombrero multiply either one the same?
- We need to know the Shieldbutt damage range while using this shield to find its implied power. If a Turtle Taming Pilgrim would be so kind as to report their shieldbutt damage range (along with stats and other pertinents) it would solidify our understanding of Shieldbutt.
- From my last ascension, which was as a TT, and against her Naughtiness:
"Shield in hand (err, well, offhand,) you bull rush your opponent like Moses, overwhelming her defense. You wave your Wand of Nagamar at her LEFT WING (not to get political), which transforms into a WET FLING. She crashes to the ground for 21 (+5) damage. SOCKO! BOOF! WHACK! ZAP! WHAM! You follow up the attack with a viscious headbutt, delivering 44 additional damage. After that, you deliver a fierce knee to the groin (or groin-analogue) of your opponent, doing 31 extra damage. You brain her with your shield for 46 damage." My stats at the time were: Mus 118(114) Mys 70 Mox 23(72)
Each form was killed in two shield butt combo attacks, taking 4 rounds of combat for the entire fight (both attacks landed on the first and second time).
Hope that helps. I only screenshotted that one, but the other three were fairly close. I'm in HC now so I can't check it much further. --J12601 16:07, 4 November 2006 (CST)
- That does help -- now we need someone (or several someones) whose level is much higher or much lower than yours to do some testing -- we need to make sure that the damage is tied to power (assumed constant) and not DR (which changes with level for this shield).--DirkDiggler 21:36, 5 November 2006 (CST)
FYI: There is no message after battle indicating the HP gain, the gain is simply added to your HP total. --Vysion 10:09, 15 November 2006 (CST)
January 1 2007: The pilgrim shield stopped regenerating hp for me on some non-combat adventures. Is anyone else noticing this? --ImperialBest 09:23, 1 January 2007 (CST)
No more restores on Non-Combat Adv.
I've been noticing the same thing as ImperialBest. The P Shield no longer restores HP on non-combat adventures. What a shame.
That's sad. I checked my Jewel-Eyed Wizard Hat and it still restores on non-combat adventures in the castle. Oh, and sign your posts please. --Crowther 10:52, 2 January 2007 (CST)
I think its a bug, i havent been able to fully test it but it didnt restore hp durring campground, immateria (quest adventure) and drunken stupor adventures. It did however restore hp while resting on the clan sofa. Still need to test the work adventures (cooking, booze, smithing, jewelry making), vacationing, and other random non-combat adventures. --ImperialBest 11:40, 2 January 2007 (CST)
The bug has been fixed
Its restoring hp on non-combat adventures again. --User:ImperialBest (forgot to sign) 11:29, 3 January 2007
Some items list bugs in the note section should this also be listed?--LoA 13:53, 3 January 2007 (CST)
+50% Weapon Drops?
Does this effect actual work? I've spent about a thousand turns in the gallery and haven't seen any significant increase in antique spears dropping vs. other antique items. Also, Kolmafia also doesn't factor it into "location details" but that is a separate issue. Gront 00:52, 7 April 2007 (CDT)
- Well, assuming the drop rate of all the antiques are 10%, using this item would theoretically only raise the drop rate of the antique spear to 15%. I seem to recall that when I was adventuring in the gallery with 200+ adventures and this item equipped I would receive about 1-3 more spears on average than the other antiques, so it could be RNG love for me, RNG hate for you, or it's not broken at all. --TheDotGamer 10:28, 7 April 2007 (CDT)
The shield doesn't restore HP during Drawn Onward because, oddly, neither choice consumes an adventure. HP/MP regenrating items only trigger when an adventure is spent. --TechSmurf 21:20, 10 October 2007 (CDT)