Talk:Note from Clancy
Following the advice of completing an AoB run with 15 previously earnt skillpoints, I *did not* receive a note from Clancy on my next ascension despite learning all 30 skills before ascending. At that point, this was my 14th SC AoB run, having previously also done 1 HC AoB run.
Upon the start of my 16th SC AoB run, (so 17th AoB run total) I received the Note From Clancy. Maybe you cannot mix-and-match how you earn Boris skills points for this reward?--Vandire 18:01, 12 July 2012 (CEST)
This appears to be something for hitting like 30 Boris points in a run. I have a clannie who got this with 26 starting Boris points, so it's most definitely something like getting to 18 banked skillpoints and then doing another run.--Toffile 08:18, 9 May 2012 (CEST)
If used while under the Avatar of Boris path, this pops up" Boris didn't like to read." As a side note, I got it with ~16 skill points. --BlanketThief 09:28, 9 May 2012 (CEST)
I did 9 HC runs and ascended yesterday, and I didn't get any letter from Clancy. Was this implemented today? I did however only have 29 of the skills when defeating NS yesterday. This was supposed to be a lvl30 SC boris run, but I guess that I'll just have to kill NS again and ascend once more before the 14th. --Christog 17:04, 9 May 2012 (CEST)
- Update: I got my 30 skills, killed the NS again and ascended once more. Opened up my letter from the king and there it was :D --Christog 20:14, 11 May 2012 (CEST)
Just a thought maybe is for having all 30 skills before ascending rather than having X number of bonus points would be more logical and explains why christog there didn get it --Ganomex 01:51, 10 May 2012 (CEST)
I did 17 hardcore Boris runs (and one softcore one) before I got this today. So I had already gotten to the point where I was able to get all of the skills at level 1 a good while before this ever came up. So maybe it's only recently been implemented? Eightstraight 03:05, 10 May 2012 (CEST)
- It's item 5682. Which means it was spooled up sometime after the IOTM and the new PVP stuff. So yes, it's fairly recent.--Toffile 08:00, 10 May 2012 (CEST)
We'll have to see if this stacks. --Andyzero 09:09, 10 May 2012 (CEST)
- It does not. Using a Note from Clancy when you already have Request Sandwich gives the message "You already know how to request a sandwich."--Nevalkarion 09:05, 12 May 2012 (CEST)
"After earning 15 skill points via ascension" is not enough. I started a HCBoris at 16 skillpoints, got to 29 skills at lvl13 and killed the NS. I didn't get the note the next ascension, so I got to lvl13 again (got 30 skills at lvl12 this time) and killed NS once again. Then I got the note after ascending --Christog 16:19, 14 May 2012 (CEST)
I got it with 15 points from the start of run (Miscounted above), +13 the run itself (28 total). Possible it's not related to skillpoint totals? --BlanketThief 04:13, 15 May 2012 (CEST)
- anybody ascending out of an AoB run with all 30 skills but which doesn't qualify for a statuette still get this note? i know it's a bit early for that yet but i have to ask. --Evilkolbot 13:58, 15 May 2012 (CEST)
- If you're asking if ascending into a non-AoB path gives you the skill, then yes, there have been reports of getting it in Bad Moon. If you're asking if anyone got the skill by, for the first time, getting 30 skills, then dropping AoB before ascending, I have no idea. Your question is worded in a pretty awkward manner. Can you clarify, please? ~Erich t/c
Will this stop dropping after you use one, or will it begin to drop every time you qualify for it,even if you're not in an AoB run? Argus 22:22, 5 July 2012 (CEST)
- It looks like after you perm the skill, it no longer drops. I ascended AoB after using it, and did not get another one. --Theletterm 20:38, 21 July 2012 (CEST)
Clerification need/message from Gemelli
put in a bug report about not getting it when i though i should all 30 at level 15 got this reply "The idea that you can get the Note from Clancy by simply having all the skills before you ascend is incorrect. You have to have all of the skills AT LEVEL 13 in your previous run. Not at level 15.
--Gem" some one please fix the wiki page to reflect this, can provide screenshot if needed--Ganomex 06:14, 25 September 2012 (CEST)
- gemelli is both a dev and a top bloke but i could swear i got mine with only 16 banked skill points. i'll do some research. --Evilkolbot 08:55, 25 September 2012 (CEST)
- something has changed, then, since i have a note and only 16 banked skill points. pretty certain i didn't delevel. hmm. anyone else? --Evilkolbot 09:32, 25 September 2012 (CEST)
I haven't used the note but am not doing Boris; still get new ones
I have completed, apparently, 6 zombie slayer runs since I got 30 boris skill points and stopped playing boris. Additionally, as you can see by my ascension history (Hikaru Yami, note the space), I didn't have 17 banked skill points going into that last boris run, but I did going out of it.
At the start of every single zombie slayer run, I get a new note from Clancy.
Therefore, despite what Gemelli said, I think the actual mechanic is "you get this item whenever you a) have 17 banked boris skill points going into any new run, and b) you do not have this skill". Nothing else is checked, including, obviously, what your previous run was.
If someone could update the page to reflect this information (it currently says something like "if in your last run you got 30 boris skills..."), but in a more concise way than how I worded it above (this is why I'm not doing it myself), that would be great. —Preceding unsigned comment added by HikaruYami (talk • contribs) on 01:25, 29 October 2012
Getting the Note early?
I got the note however I just finished my fifteenth softcore boris run however I did have one hardcore boris run. In other words at level 13 I had 29 skills and I got it in my next boris run (what I thought would be the one I needed to finish to receive the note). --Chunky_boo 06:23, 30 January 2013 (CET)
This also happened to me. I had 29 skills at 13 (and did not advance to 14), then on my next Boris run, my note appeared. --Lxndr (talk) 22:47, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
I did 8 HC ascensions giving me 16 bonus points on next ascension. for my 9th ascension I did a softcore ascension, killed the sorceress at level 13, bought an additional boris key, got the last skill at level 14, got to level 30 for the trophy, then broke the prism and ascended. Doing so granted me the note, despite the fact that wiki states you need to get all skills by level 13 and I only got my last skill at level 14. You can check my ascension history for proof, user number 2195333 --Taltamir (talk) 04:06, 30 April 2018 (UTC)