Talk:Knife in the Dark
Messages and damage totals when no knife is available in inventory or equipment.
- Unarmed, 9th level DB: "You duck into the shadows for a stab in the dark, then realize you don't have anything with which to stab. You settle for a shin-kick, which does 16 damage. You should get a knife. And a life.". --Clovis Sangrail (talk) 12:39, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- Grass Whistle, 10th level DB: "You lurk in the shadows, realize you don't have a knife, and settle for a punch from the shadows, which deals 18 damage. You could use a knife." --Clovis Sangrail (talk) 12:53, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- Grass Whistle, 10th level DB: "You vanish into the shadows, a terrifying assassin--then realize you don't have a knife for the stabbing. You punch him for 18 damage instead, and ponder where you could get yourself a knife." --Clovis Sangrail (talk) 12:55, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- I've been doing a bit of spading on Knife in the Dark and Disco Shank today with a level 37 disco bandit, you can see my data at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIcVHPBO22hdDRQQWhDYmlGYmZqalUzRFo2cmhkUUE&usp=drive_web#gid=0 I started off recording enemy defense, but removed those columns after a while as it didn't affect the damage ranges of either skill. I haven't worked out the KitD physical component yet, but its pretty clearly unaffected by moxie and momentum, and is likely some function of knife damage and perhaps level. The max damage formula for the KitD spooky component looks to be something like ( <knife max damage> + 1 ) * ( momentum + 1 ). But I have a single datapoint that's exactly one more than that expected maximum. Any thoughts/observations would be welcome. -Darkcodelagsniper (talk) 17:54, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- I have conducted a little spading regarding the use of this skill sans knife; with no momentum, the results are "15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,17,17,17,17,17,17,18,18,18,18,18,18,18,18"; with three quanta of momentum, they are "15,15,15,15,15,15,16,16,16,16,16,17,17,17,17,17,18,18,18,18,18,18,18,18,18,18,18". So it looks like 15-18, evenly distributed. I did not bother recording Moxie as I am fairly confident it has no effect._Blargh (talk) 15:54, 23 August 2014 (UTC)_