I just used 50 fruit baskets and updated the ranges accordingly. Though most fruit baskets yielded 6-7 fruit, quite a few yielded 5, some yielded 8, and 1 yielded 4. Three or four of the baskets had 3 of a particular fruit. Due to the high variance in my results, I wouldn't be surprised if some baskets yielded fewer than 4 or more than 8 fruit, or if some yield more than 3 of any particular kind. -- TheArchivist 17:16, 23 February 2006 (Central Standard Time)
Relative frequencies of each fruit
I've used large numbers of baskets at once, and I consistently get Limes, Cherries, and Jumbo Olives in far larger quantities, generally twice as often as the other fruits. If it's of any interest, I'll start gathering statistics on the percent 'drop rate' for each fruit in the basket (though it'll have to wait a few days, since I'm ascending tomorrow and won't be able to buy mass ten-leaf clovers with which to farm the Hippy Camp in disguise until I'm out of ronin).
This also might be a decent idea for the fruit bowl, handful of drink tickets, roll of drink tickets, Knob Kitchen grab-bag, Gnollish toolbox, and any other readily-available item packs I can't think of. --Quietust 15:16, 11 March 2006 (CST)
|Era||Date||Baskets Used||orange||grapefruit||olive||lemon||strawberry||grapes||tomato||papaya||cranberries||lime||jumbo olive||cherry||Total||Source|
The following was on the main article page until I moved it since it didn't quite belong (--Animus 16:27, 16 March 2006 (CST))"
- That's weird. Who puts olives in a fruit basket? The olive is actually a fruit, so this message is pointless, unless someone didn't knew it. Maybe Jick didn't knew it. -- Fernando Bono, 2006 March 11 13:06
- Yeah, but it's a weird fruit to put in a fruit basket. -- Iridia, 2006 March 14 14:40
- That's true, olives are weird. But Jick had to use the fruits already in the game. As for me, I want peaches. -- Fernando Bono, 2006 March 16 12:08
- Personally, I want Pineapples and Bananas. --Rikmach, 2006 March 18, 03:38
- Yeah, let's make a tutti frutti -- Fernando Bono, 2006 March 18, 14:08
(sign your posts, dudes) --Einstein9073 18:04, 28 August 2006 (CDT)
Does the "That's weird. Who puts olives in a fruit basket?" text appear for jumbo olives, or does the game simply prevent it from showing up when a basket gives both types of olives at once? I normally use fruit baskets in groups of at least 30 (where I always get at least one of each fruit), and I only ever see that message appear after normal olives. --Quietust 20:19, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- Hmm. It doesn't appear when both fruits are in the list. I know it appeared twice when I multi-used a bunch, just after fruit baskets came out. Meh, whatever. I'll edit it out and stick a note in. Damn it. --Ricket 20:49, 24 March 2006 (CST)
- I just used 3 fruit baskets, received no olives and 3 jumbo olives. I got the weird olive message on the jumbo olives. --Einstein9073 18:04, 28 August 2006 (CDT)
I went and changed the second reference from "may be a reference to..." to "is a reference to...". If it weren't an intentional reference the plural wouldn't be "fruits basket." Simple and obvious - Random Guy 221, 19 July 2006 EST