This is a usable item, except not (or not yet on 10/31)
- Use 1: You can't figure out what to do with one effluvium.
- Use 2-23: As much as you want to, you can't overcome the horror of trying to use __ effuvium.--MCroft (talk) 13:42, 1 November 2016 (UTC) (postdated sig because I forgot. thanks for the reminder, GinoXYZ!)
^ Please make sure to sign your edits. In any case, it has been tested beyond using around 2k. The only two people know of is when you use 37 and 111 of them, to create eldritch extract and eldritch concentrate, respectively.--GinoXYZ (talk) 10:24, 31 October 2016 (UTC)
I have just tried to use 111 but just had the usual "can't overcome the horror" message. I have already used 37 today. Is there perhaps a daily limit on usage? --Amish Information Systems (talk) 12:22, 31 October 2016 (UTC)
- Have you got the Eldritch Intellect skill? It's possible you need the skill to use 111 of them. --Sparksol (t|c) 12:54, 31 October 2016 (UTC)
- I do not, and alas I am playing the Nuclear Autumn path where the book's pages have been made unreadable by the radiation, so cannot test your hypothesis. --Amish Information Systems (talk) 18:47, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- I can confirm Eldritch Intellect is required. I came to this page because I had the same problem. I forgot to make the skill permanent. After buying another copy of Eldritch Intellect: Journey into a Mind of Horror and using it I was able to use 111 of them. --Godspeed (talk) 22:45, 1 February 2017 (UTC)