Talk:El Vibrato helmet
Curiously enough... in my inventory, it has a second activation link - El Vibrato helmet [equip] [insert punchcard] (Power: 200)
Once I get more cards, I'll have a fiddle --Denarius 01:23, 9 February 2008 (CST)
- How'd you get it?? --Flargen 01:30, 9 February 2008 (CST)
I know, You tell us how you got it and I'll give you some of my punchcards. --Xsmootx 13:18, 9 February 2008 (CST)
The outfit and familiar are going to be essential for ANY PvPer, since they work in a symbiotic relationship that allows you to get +100lbs for your megadrone. Quite an advantage considering the outfit is also 200 power :) [Edit] Maybe not...I lost the familiar weight contest on more than one occassion, so maybe the bonus poundage does not factor into the minigame...--WhiskeyJack 13:20, 9 February 2008 (CST)
Just to make it clear, you only get the +100lb of megadrone if you feed nothing but DRONE cards into the helmet. This is only one of the eleven ways this thing can be used :) -- KiraBounce 15:54, 9 February 2008 (CST)
Is there any way to reset the cards you've put in? --Airpi 01:06, 10 February 2008 (CST)
Just a quick note. This is not currently zappable. I somehow ended up with 2 helmets and no leggings. I'm hoping TPTB change that. --Philly Geek 11:26, 11 February 2008 (CST)
- the problem there is probably that you had the helmet equipped when you went to make the second item (or had the helmet and energy spear equipped when you went to make the leg guards). they're likely non-zappable for a reason. you can still get the outfit, it'll just take you longer, so tough it out. --Glitterboy
the helmet resets on rollover? --Shualdon 12:51, 11 February 2008 (CST)
I am not sure if it resets , i will confirm tomorrow, but put a 216 card: A voice speaks (for a long time) from the helmet:
HOCHOFUNO GABECHA. FULA LAZEVEAN FUCHANOKCHA.
"HOBU FULA LAZAK KROTA:
KROKRO LAZAK FULA: PA CHAPAZEVE NOFUBECHO FULA: PA ZEVENO NOFUBECHO FULA: PA FUZEVEZEVECHO BEAN FULA: PA CHAZEVETACHO HOCHO FULA: PA ZEVENO ZEVEKRO FULA: PA SOMCHAZEVE KUZTAZAKSTA FULA: NOKGAGA ANKRO NOFUBECHO FULA: PA NOKSTA BEAN FULA: PA
BUZEVECHA FULA BESTASOMNO: GABUHO FU."
There's a slot in the helmet that looks the right size for inserting an El Vibrato punchcard.
I used up the card, had no translator equiped.
- EDIT: Second and third try with a 97 card, seems there are a certain number of slots that the outift can fit. ANyway heres the result:
A voice speaks (for a long time) from the helmet:
INSTRUCTION ACCEPTED. CONDUIT ALTERATION INITIALIZING.
"CURRENT CONDUIT POWER STATUS:
REGENERATION SYSTEM CONDUIT: EXTREMELY LOW
REMAINING CONDUIT CAPACITANCE: VERY HIGH."
Deleted all of the other zero stuff and some seemingly not needed messages.This was fater inserting 2 97 cards.--TehChozenOne 10:00, 12 February 2008 (CST)
It seems that the helmet doesn't resets on rollover. that means that he only way to get rid of a effect is to insert 88... right?--Shualdon 10:23, 12 February 2008 (CST)
What each card does?
Well, my spading reveals the following:
88 (FLOOR) = reduces charge of all items by one level.
97 (REPAIR) = REGENERATION SYSTEM CONDUIT (HP regeneration)
104 (SPHERE) = increases charge of all conduits by one level (only works if the remaining conduit capacitance is 9-10/10)
115 (ATTACK) = SPEAR POWER CONDUIT
129 (BUFF) = ENERGY AUGMENTATION CONDUIT
142 (TARGET) = ENERGY FOCUS CONDUIT
165 (BUILD) = VITALITY AUGMENTATION CONDUIT
176 (WALL) = GRAVITY FIELD CONDUIT (+ or - ML?)
182 (DRONE) = DRONE AUGMENTATION CONDUIT (+10lb to drone per level)
213 (MODIFY) = MODIFICATION FIELD CONDUIT
216 (SELF) = ALACRITY ENHANCEMENT CONDUIT (+Combat initiative?)
If anyone has spare cards, send them to "niff88" I am more than happy to spade out all the effects
Note: Edited to order and update table, and added more information (especially 104...) --KiraBounce 07:08, 10 February 2008 (CST)
--Niff88 20:47, 9 February 2008 (CST)
- At max? What's the maximum amount of cards you can feed into it? Ten? Equestrian 21:47, 9 February 2008 (CST)
- You can feed it up to ten cards in a single day - or a single 104 card and one other. It would appear that the level of each conduit is decreased by one at rollover. --KiraBounce 07:08, 10 February 2008 (CST)
129 (BUFF) = ENERGY AUGMENTATION CONDUIT Definitely increases your max MP by 150, for a maximum of 1500.--Zourath 23:20, 10 February 2008 (CST)
Now this is just a wild guess, but I'm guessing that the Vitality Augmentation Conduit increases max HP. Energy focus, maybe + spell damage? Just me trying to reason things out, no idea if it's the case, or how much... --Jimfromtx 19:45, 11 February 2008 (CST)
Are the effects permanent?--Unhuman 19:50, 11 February 2008 (CST)
- I think the effect only last as long as the cards are in the outfit, means it would decrease if you dont add more each rollover.
Tried 3 adventures with tw 97 cards (and one 216 card but seems negligible) inserted into it, It healed me 33/35/37hp for each adventure--TehChozenOne 09:58, 12 February 2008 (CST)
It seems the ceffects are permanent, the two 97 cards i put in before rollover seems to be still effecting the hat--TehChozenOne 04:45, 13 February 2008 (CST)
In a related vein, do the effects of the cards stay with the equipment through ascension? Kalir 00:36, 14 February 2008 (CST)
- No, they do not.--GoldS 01:10, 14 February 2008 (CST)
Its seems the 129 card's effect (once its fixed) ,might be +30% MP instead of +25% MP as the wiki says. I got boosted from 501 MP to 801 MP with 2 cards, and if you do the calculations, it adds up the a 60% boost, meaning each card is 30%. I checked the forum thread stating the EL vibrato Outfit bug and i discovered that the person's HP boost also seems to be 60% overall although i dont know how many cards he put in.--TehChozenOne 22:12, 15 February 2008 (CST)
- Actually, without knowing how Jick placed this new multiplier in the funky HP/MP formulae, +30% is a possible effective boost from a base boost of 25% for people with certain passives. Though +60% from two charges would seem to indicate that it's applied after everything else. --Bagatelle 23:20, 15 February 2008 (CST)
Or... maybe it's exactly 300 for two cards, and you have the +50% MP skill. Sheesh.. Why put in values as if they're known, when they're just guesses? The HP and MP boosts are each +100. --Shao Mi 18:42, 31 March 2008 (CDT)
I can confirm that charges DOES NOT reset OR decrease at rollover and outfit removal, in fact the only way? to put cards in is to NOT WEAR the outfit--TehChozenOne 00:50, 14 February 2008 (CST)
This seems odd. So 10 DRONE AUGMENTATION CONDUIT gives a +100 Vibrato Drone Weight whenever you equip the Relic Gear? It just seems wierd that it doesn't reset at rollover. It just seems TOO good. Also sort of confusing if you can't remember which charges you placed on your gear, but that's just nitpicking. --Devion 08:41, 14 February 2008 (CST)
If you consider all the adventures and things you would have to do to get this, its not so overpowerfull at all. AND the +100 El VIbrato Drone weight isnt that powerfull at all. What would you do with a 120 pound EL VIbrato Drone? Attack functn? At the stage you get the EL VIbrato Drone you pretty much dont need much help from your fammiliar.Same goes for the Buff function. Repair function? By the time you get the gear, nothing much can hit you and would you need it to heal you like 1000 hp each time? Deleveling might benefit from the +100 pounds but then again at 200 mysticality,mucle,and moxie, how much do you need to delevel any monster? The Build function might have something to gain from +100 pounds weight IF the chance of the build activating is effected by the familiar weight. AND i can confirm for another time and so can the other people with the outfit that the charges DO NOT DECREASE AT ROLLOVER NEITHER DO THEY DECREASE WHEN YOU UNEQUIP THE OUTFIT, as i said before, you NEED to unequip the hat to insert punchcards. About the not-remembering-what-card-i-put-it scenario, i dont think anyone might forget that easily, and even if they do, they can just simply insert a card to see it?
AND it would be as weird to regain the cards each rollover, and regaining the cards would take at least 21 adventures sinced you need to go to the poop deck get a sphere, go and hunt for the card. AND 31 only if the Portal gives the right contruct AND the construct give you the right cards.--TehChozenOne 00:38, 15 February 2008 (CST)
Is it the case that the total of all conduits is capped at 10? The article is somewhat unclear on this point. What happens if you insert a 104 card if you already have more than one charge?--Psly4mne 11:52, 15 April 2008 (CDT)
I got a "spare" helmet, so naturally I tried smashing it, only to get the "are you sure? / item nontradeable" message followed by the words "Naughty, naughty" and an intact helmet. Anyone else get this message or know what's going on here? --Jefferey 13:20, 15 February 2008 (CST)
- I don't know, but I can add in that trying to pulverize the translator does the same thing. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 13:28, 15 February 2008 (CST)
I just discovered something. When you have your first helmet equipped and then modify another sphere, you get the helmet again instead of the spear. Did anyone also encounter this? --Kikas 09:08, 17 February 2008 (CST)
- Of course, it's not a bug it happens since the helmet isn't in your inventory anymore so it doesn't register, the same thing would happen with getting a second spear if you equiped your sphere after you get it. --Chunky_boo 10:19, 17 February 2008 (CST)
- Hmm. That's really not good to know. I hope that they change that --Kikas 11:15, 17 February 2008 (CST)
With a second helmet, can you put a different 10 cards in it, and thus have the ability to switch out effects without first deleveling over and over? --KhayPrower 10:02, 17 February 2008 (CST)
- it's doubtful since you can't choose WHICH helmet to equip. same goes for any other gear. if you have 212 asshats, you can't just decide that you want to equip number 132, you just equip whichever. so the answer is a "probably no, and i have 2 helmets but don't feel like spading this." --Glitterboy
- I tried this with two helmets. I had one equipped and one in the inventory, then used the 165-hole (+100 HP) punchcard on the one in my inventory. It works just fine; my HP went up as expected. --Galevav 14:09, 13 June 2008 (CDT)
- I believe they were discussing having a second helmet with completely different cards from the first. Was your first helmet fully charged? --Bagatelle 19:25, 13 June 2008 (CDT)
- I obtained two helmets so that I wouldn't need to unequip it to add charges. I can confirm that all helmets use the same (shared) pool of card charges, as expected (as TPTB have said repeatedly that items are not unique in the database). When Galevav said "it works just fine" he was meaning that no, you cannot have two different helmets with different charges.
Reset after ascension?
Does the effect of the punchcards reset after ascension? --Tyilo 07:56, 25 February 2008 (CST)
It seems that the HP boost isn't recognized by the basement when doing an elemental test. Should this go on the page? --Tripwood 16:05, 9 March 2008 (CDT)
- Thank you for proving that people don't read tagged warnings at the top of articles. </snark> --Bagatelle 16:52, 9 March 2008 (CDT)
Some preliminary testing shows that the effect of card 165 (build) is not +25% HP, but rather +100HP (or 125HP with the PM skill). Im in hardcore, so can't check all the effects, but it looks like quite a few of em may be wrong. Anyone want to double check things? --Eugene 15:51, 31 March 2008 (CDT)
- What are you current stats, equipment, etc.? --Flargen 16:21, 31 March 2008 (CDT)
- Base Muscle= 319. 2 cards inserted: HP = 322->522. Using an equaliser potion, 546 -> 746. A clannie went from 1430 base hp to 1555, then 1680 by inserting 1 then 2 cards. Its fairly conclusive, tbh, and I have no idea where anyone pulled 25% from, unless their base HP was 400 exactly. --Eugene 17:15, 31 March 2008 (CDT)
Just a quick note on the initiative boost. I tested the suit at 1 card, and found it to have a 20% boost. At 2 cards, 40%, and 5 cards, 100%. It becomes pretty tough to use the running away test beyond that, but if anyone wants to double-check any of the other data points, please do.--Foggy 17:19, 21 April 2008 (CDT)
Hit Point Bug
Every combat turn I heal 2 levels worth of hit points, about 30(ish) even when I am at full hit points. The Purple Snowcone only gives 1 HP healed at full hit points. Anyone else confirm this? Can one of the mods help out with the "BUG" template thing?--Sp8z 01:42, 14 June 2008 (CDT)
- I'm not sure I follow. It's displaying "You gain 30 HP!" when you're at full? If so, that just sounds like the outfit and the effect handle the restoration differently- not really a bug. The bug template's reserve for things that have gameplay-impacting consequences, not just little quirks. --TechSmurf 08:02, 14 June 2008 (CDT)