Talk:Double-Fisted Skull Smashing
I just had the question, is the extra weapon replacing the off hand item? if so its not really that usefull. There are offhand items that provide certain benefits you will not find in a weapon....--Shlaan 06:51, 8 March 2006 (CST)
- Yes, your second weapon is in your off hand. No, it's still useful, since there are weapons that provide benefits you can't get from off hand items (see ice sickle). --Crowther 07:23, 8 March 2006 (CST)
Its mentioned that the Huge Mirror Shard must be the main weapon, but what about the Wand of Nagamar? Does that have to be in the Main Hand? Or can you leave that in the offhand, meaning that the Weapon in your Main Hand can be a better one. And anyone who fought the NS when Ascension was released but before knowing you needed the Wand on knows that she goes down alot quicker then. DaCyclops 21:07, 10 March 2006 (CST)
The damage formula given here is either exceptionally poorly expressed, or flat wrong. I currently am not quite certain what the formula actually is, having seen numbers that don't make sense given what I thought it was. I'll do some research before making any changes. --Carl 13:44, 2 May 2006 (CDT)
As far as I can tell, the off-handed weapon does 1/5 to 1/6 of its power in damage. That's easier to calculate for anyone. --Fernando Bono 13:32, 15 May 2006 (CDT)
- In my experience, it adds the off-hand weapon's base damage (i.e. 10% to 20% of its power). The ice sickle, for instance, being a power-100 weapon, gives 10 to 20 extra damage. --Hellion 16:45, 17 May 2006 (CDT)
- This is exactly what I remember reading in forums or radio directly from an official source (Jick?). Some one claimed it was broken since only base damage was added and it was explained that was the intent. The main benifit being the extra enhancements on the second weapon are used for the main attack. Of course I can't find where I read this. --Crowther 17:39, 17 May 2006 (CDT)
This seems to be acting kind of funny post-NS13. I can equip a saucepan in my off-hand, but not a Knob Goblin Scimitar.--Ratoslov 18:18, 25 June 2007 (CDT)
Post NS-13, I can equip a scimitar and Bjorn's Hammer, but not Knob Goblin Tongs or pasta spoon in my off hand. Penguinwarrior06 14:45, 26 June 2007 (CDT)
- These are probably both correct. Penguinwarrior was trying to offhand a mysticality weapon with the melee-type scimitar, and I would guess that Ratoslov had a myst-type weapon in his main hand. (I am assuming that the Saucepan is a myst-type weapon, despite the Wiki listing it as melee-type; the Pasta spoon is listed as a myst-type.)--Terion 04:20, 10 August 2007 (CDT)
Sometimes when I have the antique spear equipped in off-hand, it just disappears from inventory. Anyone know why? --Treefrog 07:38, 9 May 2008 (CDT)
- Did they fix the bug related to the antique spear not breaking when it was equipped in your offhand, like it should have been doing? They might have done. Next time, keep an eye on the combat messages and see if you're getting the message that says it's breaking. --Melon 17:53, 9 May 2008 (CDT)
- I will check. I had not seen the break message, but I might have missed it. I don't know if they fixed the bug - it is still stated on the page that it won't break if equipped off-hand. Was that a bug or a feature? (or both...heh?) --Treefrog 06:33, 11 May 2008 (CDT)
Do you have twice the chance of fumbling when you equip two weapons? That is, can you fumble with your off-hand weapon and does fumbling with either hand impede attacking with the other?--Ehsteve 16:38, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- No, you do not. Your fumble chance is the same regardless of what combination of items you wield (unless, of course, those items have fumble-chance enchantments). --Hellion 18:18, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
I'm unable to equip the C.H.U.M. knife in my off-hand at all. There isn't even a button for it, no matter which weapon I'm wielding in my main hand. Fyll 10:41, 4 June 2012 (CEST)
- i can totally do this.
- IS YOUR MAIN HAND WEAPON 2+ HANDED?
- are you sure this character has dfss?
- are you boris?
- have you turned greasemonkey off?
- stop using mafia. --Evilkolbot 11:45, 4 June 2012 (CEST)
- Sorry, I hadn't noticed that my Muscle isn't high enough. Fyll 10:40, 5 June 2012 (CEST)