Talk:Darkness (Temporary Blindness)
This is prob a pun on the whole "attacking the darkness" thing. --JRSiebz (☎|§|‡) 00:48, 15 May 2006 (CDT)
- Isn't it a Dr. Demento D&D thing? I can't remember where it came from (first) --JRSiebz (☎|§|‡) 01:01, 15 May 2006 (CDT)
- Galstaff: I wanna cast magic missile.
- Nightblade: The room where he’s casting all these spells from!
- Graham: He hasn’t cast any thing yet.
- Galstaff: I am though if you’d listen. I’m casting Magic Missile.
- Graham: Why are you casting Magic Missile, there’s nothing to attack here.
- Galstaff: I- I- I’m attacking the darkness.
- ok, so i've been listening to the thursday show, and i was wrong. one of the dev team (it is possible to tell them apart, but i can't) said to jick "so, when you fight the darkness, is there an implied magic missile?" and jick said "yeah." if someone could rustle up a reference i promise not to take it out again. *hangs head in shame* --Evilkolbot 06:55, 23 May 2006 (CDT)
- (Correct) Reference Added. Yay Allanc! Allanc's great! --Allanc 10:54, 23 May 2006 (CDT)
What removes this effect? tiny houses, etc. A stretch, but this stuff wouldn't do anything, would it? No, it probably wouldn't.--Dehstil 00:54, 15 May 2006 (CDT)
- isn't the point that the joke is that looking at the naughty sorceress (MNFME!) through a telescope makes you go blind. how else would you word attacking things when you can't see? since there isn't any more text, any supposed reference must be speculation. --Evilkolbot 12:39, 15 May 2006 (CDT)
- You can also look at the sun and get it.--Kafeithekeaton 21:07, 15 May 2006 (CDT)
For info on the message regarding fighting the darkness, see: this thread (which links to a screenshot, here) --Hellion 20:03, 1 July 2006 (CDT)
new tower monster
Theres now a tower monster called the darkness a disambig is needed. Discordance 08:08, 11 July 2007 (CDT)
- That one is the darkness. --Quietust (t|c) 08:33, 11 July 2007 (CDT)
When a monster uses special moves, what happens? Shows up as normal? I know while fighting the Naughty Sorority Nurse all her heal messages showed up like normal. --Littlebeast 01:22, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
Chat Announced Bosses (ie Hobopolis)
Being a bit dappy, I managed to have this active while fighing Zombo
[14:10] Dungeon: Doucy has entered combat with Zombo. [14:12] Dungeon: Doucy has defeated darkness [14:12] Dungeon: darkness dropped an item: Zombo's skullcap. [14:12] Dungeon: darkness dropped an item: Zombo's skull ring.
Worth noting?--Doucy 13:52, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. So noted. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 19:13, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- That might actually be a bug. You should report it just in case. I wonder if there are there any bosses that are normally reported with prepositions, so you could see if the SBIP also changes the chat output? I don't think there are. Hodgman maybe? I forget how he's reported in those chat messages. --Flargen 21:26, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
fighting slimetube monsters with blindness, I get "the dripping Slime polyp", for example. wut? Argus 08:25, 12 April 2011 (UTC)