|| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
How OFTEN does it buff?
|Little wood soldier|
Inspiration in his dance
No bark, but strong bite.
Attacks enemies and buffs you in combat
Ability: Attacks like a pickle and occasionally buffs you.
Throne/Bjorn: Regenerate 2-8 HP and MP per adventure, sometimes gives either a fruitcake, candy cane, gingerbread bugbear, or an eggnog.
Hatchling: sweet nutcracker
Familiar-Specific Equipment: metal mandible
Mumming Trunk Abilities:
| +15% Meat Drop
|| 4-5 MP
|| +3 Muscle statgain
|| +25% Item Drop
|| +4 Mysticality statgain
|| 8-10 HP
|| +2 Moxie statgain
|*Hover for details
- Regular Messages:
- <name> tries to crack your opponent like a nut, but misses.
- <name> bites him with a resounding "clop," doing X damage
- <name> performs a passable rendition of the "Dance of the GravyPlum Fairies."
- <name> hops around and kicks its little wooden legs in a decent attempt at "The Russian Dance."
- <name> simultaneously ululates and gyrates as it goes through the motions of "The Arabian Dance."
- <name> does its best to bow to you before dancing an ungainly rendition of "The Chinese Dance."
- <name> skips stiffly around in what appears to be "The Dance of the Reed Pipes."
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <Name> goes *clop clop clop* atop your head, then gives you a present to make up for all of the clopping.
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- You hear a clop clop clop sound behind you, and <name> passes you a gift. You decide to not look either the gift or the giver in the mouth.
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> somehow winks one painted eye underneath the Tam O'Shanter.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> does the "Dance of the Phat Loot" around the maypole.
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name> makes muffled "clop" noises underneath the wax lips.
- When entered in an Obstacle Course:
- Anything without knees has a tough time in the obstacle course, and <name>, sadly, lacks knees.
- This familiar will attack every round of combat.
- Damage ranges from X/2+1 to X+7, where X is the weight of the familiar.
- This familiar will hit successfully 40 + 10*(ceiling(X/5))%. This means between 1-5 pounds, the familiar hits 50% of the time. Between 16-20 pounds, the familiar hits 80% of the time, and appears to not miss at 26 pounds and above.
- The buff duration is equal to its weight divided by three, rounded up.
- The Nutcracker can buff you against the Naughty Sorceress, any round.
- The buffs are cast on the first round of combat.
- The name of this familiar is a play on The Nutcracker Suite, a condensed version of The Nutcracker, a lengthy ballet composed by Tchaikovsky.
- Each buff message mentions a dance - "Dance of the GravyPlum Fairies", "The Russian Dance", "The Arabian Dance", and "The Dance of the Reed Pipes", all of which are segments from The Nutcracker and/or The Nutcracker Suite. The "Dance of the GravyPlum Fairies" is a gravy-fairyation of the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy".
- The buddy bjorn message refers to the proverb "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".