Swarm of fire ants
|Swarm of fire ants|
|Locations||The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert|
This is a swarm of tiny but very dangerous ants. They're angry about being native to a sweltering desert, and they plan to take it out on anybody who gets near them.
There is some debate among members of the Loathing Entomologist's Guild about what to call a group of these things. Some say "a swarm of fire ants," where others suggest that "an ow, ouch! dammit! ow! of fire ants" would be more appropriate.
One of the ants bites you, raising a painful welt on your <arse>. Argh! Ooh! Ow!
The ants go marching one by one, biting you as they go. Hurrah, I guess. Oof! Eek! Ugh!
Several of the ants form a pile behind your feet, which you promptly trip over. The entire swarm of ants converge on your prone body, biting you pretty much everywhere at once. Argh! Ugh! Eek!
The ants march toward you, but you drive them away by singing some Dave Matthews.
The ants move toward you like some sort of aggressive, painful carpet, but you've had a lot of practice jumping over carpets, so you easily avoid them.
Some ants crawl into your pants, but you quickly do a dance, shaking them out.
The ants go marching two by two, hurrah, hurrah. You step on them with your shoe (or foot) hurrah! Hurrah!
The ants start to attack again, but the fire alarm sounds in the nearby ant hill. The ants go marching one by one back to the hill to put out the fire. Hurrah! Hurrah! (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 40-60 Meat (average: 50, stdev: 4.47)*|
|You acquire an item: ant agonist (21.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: handful of sand (19.8% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ant pitchfork (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ant hoe (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ant sickle (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ant rake (5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ant pick (5% chance)*|
|You gain 35-36 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert.
- Only one of the tools can drop at a time, making them all conditional drops.
- This monster counts as a group (of size 20). It takes manifold damage from area-of-effect skills such as Wave of Sauce.
- "The Ants Go Marching" is an old children's song with stanzas that increment from one to ten, the first two lines ending in "hurrah, hurrah" and the third line changing to rhyme with the new number. The second stanza's rhyme refers to an ant tying its shoe, hence the miss message where you use your own shoe.
- "Ants Marching" is a song by The Dave Matthews Band, hence the one miss message.
- Having "ants in your pants" is an expression meaning that one is anxious or restless.
- The tools the ants drop are all farming tools, referencing the popular children's distraction the "ant farm."