Superamplified boom box
This is a boom box modified by the frat boy engineers, who have managed to turn the bass up to a nearly impossibly-high level. When activated, it will emit a single, booming bass note, knocking out anything in the vicinity with a concussive blast. After that single ground-shaking, speaker-blowing, eardrum-shattering utterance, it will remain forever silent. Kinda sad if you think about it, bra.
(In-game plural: superamplified boom boxen)
- The Orcish Frat House (Wartime) (4 quarters)
|You blast some rap-rock from the boom box in the direction of your opponent. Horrible, horrible sound waves buffet <it> for 90-100 damage, leaving <it> reeling.|
- When used in The Hole in the Sky:
|In space, nobody can hear this horrible music. Also you lose your grip on the boom box and it hurtles off toward the far reaches of the galaxy, where hopefully nobody will ever hear it.|
|As soon as you pull the boom box out of your sack, it explodes, leaving behind nothing but a damaged speaker cone.|
- Staggers your opponent 100% of the time.
- The plural form of this item likely refers to Brian Regan's jokes about pluralizing words.
- The pluralization of "box" as "boxen" is a very common piece of hacker subculture wordplay.
- In the book John Dies at the End, David uses a boombox to stun and damage the ghost, much like the effects of the item.
|TOP 10 superamplified boom box collections|
6. General_Herpes - 1174 | 7. APPLE BLOSSOM - 1000 | 8. dune rune - 1000 | 9. Mistress of the Obvious - 910 | 10. Loch Lomond - 895
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings