|Though it looks festive|
Please don't put your foot in there
Mouth full of sweet teeth.
Eats candy and does lots of fun stuff
Ability: Acts like an improved Cocoabo, gains weight by eating candy
Throne/Bjorn: All Attributes +10, sometimes drops candy (once per combat?)
Hatchling: suspicious stocking
Familiar-Specific Equipment: bag of many confections
Mumming Trunk Abilities:
| +15% Meat Drop
|| 4-5 MP
|| +3 Muscle statgain
|| +15% Item Drop
|| +4 Mysticality statgain
|| 8-10 HP
|| +2 Moxie statgain
|*Hover for details
- Regular messages:
- <name> mimics a red-and-white striped barber pole, spinning in front of your opponent. He looks mesmerized.
|Monster attack power reduced by X|
|Monster defense reduced by Y|
- <name> mimics a red-and-white striped candy cane, and canes him for X damage.
- <name> mimics a red-and-white striped ATM, and dispenses a little extra Meat.
- <name> mimics a candy-striper nurse, heals some of your wounds, and recharges your mojo.
- <name> reaches deep inside himself and pulls out a big bag of candy. Cool! (Note this will give the bag of many confections but not announce it.)
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <name> does a dead-on impression of a stocking mimic, reaching deep inside itself and tossing you a piece of candy.
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- With a noise somewhere between a pop and a cough, <Name> ejects a piece of candy into the Buddy Bjorn.
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> winks one of its fearsome yellow eyes beneath the Tam O'Shanter.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> does a Sock Hop around the Maypole.
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name> chews thoughtfully on the Wax Lips, trying to suck the weak sugar flavoring out of it.
- When fed candy from inventory:
- You give <name> your <candy>, which he quickly consumes.
- At the end of combat with bag of many confections equipped:
- <name> gorges himself on candy from his bag.
- <name> gorges himself on candy from his bag. And hey, look, he dropped some!
|You acquire an item: Piddles (variable chance)*|
- When entered in any arena event:
- Your stocking has no interest in playing reindeer games. Or any other games here at the Arena.
- The Stocking Mimic acts 1/3 of the time. Until round 10, each of the four actions is equally likely. After round 10, it will attack 50% of the time, heal or confuse 25% of the time, and will not produce meat.
- Healing: The Stocking Mimic heals between X+6 to X+8 HP and MP, where X is the Mimic's weight.
- Damage: The Stocking Mimic deals X+1 to X+3 damage.
- Confusion: The Stocking Mimic delevels an opponent by (X+1)/3 and can have a range if weight returns a fractional number.
- Meat: The formula for meat obtained is A(X+B), where A is a random value from 3 to 5 and B is a random value from 1 to 3. This produces a range of 3(X+1) to 5(X+3).
- Occasionally, (20% of the time), you will receive the message Happy Holidays! after your regular familiar message. This only occurs if the familiar weighs at least 46 lbs. This acts like the Cocoabo's Limit Break, doubling the effectiveness of that combat action.
- When it drops items after combat, the chance to get an item rises each time an item is not received after the second combat. The chance to receive an item on combat #1 is 5%. The chance to receive an item on combat #2 is also 5%. The chance to receive an item after that rises by 5% for each combat that an item is not received, so combat #3 has a 10% chance, combat #4 has a 15% chance, and so on.
- The familiar equipment does not drop in the Arena, but rather at the end of combat, if it has no other equipment equipped (limited to once per day). The familiar will immediately equip the bag of many confections.
- With its familiar equipment, the Stocking Mimic gains weight through combat like a normal familiar.
- With the bag of many confections equipped, candy drops on average once every 6 combats. All three types of candy are equally likely.
- More accurately, the probability you will get a candy is equal to
MIN(1,MAX(0.05,0.05*(turns_since_last-1))). In other words, 5% for the first two turns after the last drop, and then increasing by 5% for every turn thereafter, until it becomes a 100% chance after 21 turns. Each candy is equally likely.
- Without its familiar equipment, this familiar does not gain weight normally from combat.
- With or without the equipment, this familiar gains weight by consuming candy, according to the function (weight = pieces of candy consumed1/2). For those not inclined to do the math, that's exactly 10,000 candies to reach a 100 pound mimic.
- See this page for a complete list of candies.
- Brother Corsican's Blessing and other familiar experience multipliers do not work — only candy does.
- This familiar does not have the standard weight cap of 20 pounds; it has a cap of 100 pounds.
- It still is treated as though it has 20 pound cap when it comes to the overall terrarium weight for Trophy purposes.
- The Mimic was originally a Dungeons & Dragons creature, able to mimic stone, metal, and woodwork. Mimics have appeared elsewhere in KoL as a cloak and as a barrel, though mimics usually only appear as chests.
- A "Sock Hop" refers to an informal sponsored dance at a high school, typically held in the high school's own gymnasium or cafeteria, where students were asked to remove their shoes to protect the varnished floor of the gymnasium.