|Locations||The Penultimate Fantasy Airship|
|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
This is a girl who doesn't take any guff from anybody, takes whatever she wants from whomever she encounters, and who inexplicably wields an umbrella as a weapon. She's cute, but unfortunately, she's in love with the Protagonist, so I guess you'll have to beat her senseless and take her stuff instead.
She whips you with her spunky pigtails. Eww. Argh! Eek!
She sticks the tip of her umbrella up your nose and opens it, giggling with delight. Ooh! Ugh!
She jumps high into the air and lands with her knee on your head. Ugh! Oof!
She opens her umbrella and spins it in front of your eyes. "Is that supposed to hypnotize me?" you ask. "No," she says, "it's supposed to give you a splitting headache." Then she whacks you on the head with the umbrella. Ugh! Ooh! Ouch! Ooh!
She tries to smack you with her umbrella, but you're trained at avoiding umbrellas with all the penguins you've been fighting.
She tries to whip you with her spunky pigtails, but you spunkily dodge.
She tries to kick you, but you've kicked the being kicked habit.
She opens her umbrella and spins it in front of your face. "Is that supposed to hypnotize me?" you ask. "No," she says. "Actually, I don't know what I was trying to accomplish. Tee-hee!" (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 88-132 Meat (average: 110, stdev: 9.38)*|
|You acquire an item: cocoa eggshell fragment (28.8% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: tiny house (31.4% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: titanium assault umbrella (10.3% chance)*|
|You gain 22-23 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Penultimate Fantasy Airship.
- The critical hit message directly quotes, and the fumble message parodies, an exchange of dialogue between The Penguin and Max Shreck from the movie Batman Returns.
- The umbrella attack miss message refers to the character, The Penguin, from Batman.
- The knee attack may be a reference to Sarah Bryant from the Virtua Figher series of computer fighting games. Sarah's stomp attack involved jumping in the area and landing with one knee on her fallen enemy.
- The "Ew" in the first hit message references the fact that spunk is a slang term for semen.
- The Spunky Princess references several spunky female characters common in roleplaying games, most notably:
- Princess Peach from Super Mario RPG, who fights with an umbrella.
- Aika from Skies of Arcadia, who sported a similar bepigtailed hairdo and was in love with the protagonist.
- Princess Sara from Final Fantasy III, a princess who has a keen eye on the fourth main character from the same castle, Ingus.
- Dagger from Final Fantasy IX, another spunky princess who had a crush on the main character.
- Marle from Chrono Trigger, yet another spunky princess who also has a crush on the main character.