In additional to the general "rules" of the kingdom, there are special cases where game elements interact in a unique way.
There are certain items which, when equipped, have an undocumented in-game effect:
- Visiting The Council of Loathing while wearing a V for Vivala mask produces a special message.
- In the Bugbear Costume, you cannot eat gingerbread bugbear cookies.
You can gain extra adventures from consumables under the following conditions:
- Wearing a tuxedo shirt when drinking a martini, or related drink.
- Eating a pr0n cocktail with a silver shrimp fork equipped.
- Consuming food and booze made from cranberries on the Feast of Boris. Note that this did not occur on the Feast of Boris XIII, possibly due to a bug.
You can extend buffs cast by wearing certain equipment:
- The opera mask extends Accordion Thief buffs, but is then destroyed.
- The jewel-eyed wizard hat extends all buffs (but that's explicitly stated in the item description).
Eating a Crimbo(ween) cookie with a glass of goat's milk in inventory will double the duration of the special effect from the cookie.
- wreath-shaped Crimbo cookie, bell-shaped Crimbo cookie, and tree-shaped Crimbo cookie.
- skull-shaped Crimboween cookie, bat-shaped Crimboween cookie, and tombstone-shaped Crimboween cookie.
- blob-shaped Crimbo cookie.
- circular CRIMBCOOKIE, square CRIMBCOOKIE, and triangular CRIMBCOOKIE.
Certain combat items have unique effects when used on specific monsters.
- Using powdered organs on Ed the Undying prompts an annoyed response from Ed.
- Using a golden ring while fighting a gaudy pirate will net you 500 meat.
- Using Tom's of the Spanish Main Toothpaste while fighting a toothy pirate gives you 100-150 MP.
- Various combat items obtained underwater work differently or only at underwater zones.
Some weapons can be fueled by items in your inventory to unlock special attacks during combat:
- The 4 forearm replacements dropped by the bosses inside the Crackpot Mystic's Psychoses can consume a Pixel power cell, to activate special attacks which in again have special interactions with one of these bosses:
- The anger blaster skill Rage Flame nullifies Doubt Man's shield against attacks, spells, and items.
- The doubt cannon skill Doubt Shackles resets Fear Man's 4 turn timer to insta-killing you.
- The fear condenser skill Fear Vapor resets Regret Man's 4 turn timer to sending you away from the battle.
- The regret hose skill Tear Wave resets Anger Man's increasing damage fire attack.
- The coal shovel can Shovel Hot Coal at the cost of a hot coal.
- The tommy gun can be unloaded at the cost of a drum of tommy ammo.
There are certain combinations of equipment which, while not officially outfits, have an additional in-game effect.
- Equipping a snake shield and serpentine sword grants an additional +10 ML.
- Equipping a snarling wolf shield and lupine sword grants an additional +9 Spooky Damage
- Equipping a stuffed crazy bastard sword and a stuffed martini grants you a sword-and-martini guy avatar.
- Equipping a stuffed walrus and stuffed carpenter gives you 5 HP and 5 MP at the end of a combat.
- Equipping two distinct members from bitter bowtie, bewitching boots, and brazen bracelet gives a 10% Meat drop bonus and double resistance bonuses from each item. Equipping all three yields a 30% bonus and triple resistance bonuses.
- Equipping two distinct members from monstrous monocle, molten medallion, and musty moccasins gives a 10% Item drop bonus and double resistance bonuses from each item. Equipping all three yields a 30% bonus and triple resistance bonuses.
- Dual-wielding a cardboard katana and cardboard wakizashi grants an additional +20 melee damage.
- Equipping distinct brimstone equipment increases ML, item drops, and meat drops by 2n, where n is the number of pieces equipped.
- Equipping distinct Equipment of Loathing increases all stats and meat drops by 2n% and increases item drops by 2n-1%, where n is the number of pieces equipped.
Some special interactions involve familiars.
- Working out on the Hobo-Flex with the Spirit Hobo is your active familiar gave a special message before the old Clan Gym was retired and the Hobo-Flex along with it.
- Wearing a safarrri hat with the Dandy Lion as your active familiar will produce a special message.
- Wielding a whip with the Dandy Lion as your active familiar causes him to attack in combat.