| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
|Jiggly space creature|
sucks the life out of people;
Hopefully not you
Drains your enemies and makes "delicious" jelly, grants stats & items underwater, plus some surprises
|Ultimate Cage Match||Scavenger Hunt||Obstacle Course||Hide and Seek|+15% Meat Drop 4-5 MP +4 Muscle statgain +15% Item Drop +3 Mysticality statgain 8-10 HP +2 Moxie statgain *Hover for details
|Can breathe underwater|
- Before combat, granting you initiative when you would have failed to get the jump:
- It turns out when a giant space jellyfish drains out your vital life force, you get kind of slow? So you get to go first.
- Your opponent seems a bit slowed down by the giant space jellyfish covering their head and face, so you get the jump on them.
- Your opponent seems too busy screaming about the giant space jellyfish draining out their life essences, so you go first.
- Regular messages:
- <name> puts your foe's entire head in its mouth, which your foe seems to find distracting.
- <name> sucks out some of your opponent's life essences, which makes them a little sleepy.
- <name> puts your foe's entire head in its mouth, and your foe doesn't like that one bit.
- <name> latches onto your foe and drains some of their vital life essences. This makes them weaker, because life essences are important for strength.
- <name> puts your foe's entire head in its mouth -- wait, is that <name>'s mouth? It's on the underneath, so it could also be its butt, right?
- <name> drops onto your foe's head like a big gloopy helmet, and sucks out some of their life essences. This naturally makes them a little weak, physically speaking.
|Monster attack power reduced by Y|
|Monster defense reduced by Y|
- After combat, granting +items:
- <Familiar nane> hovers circles around you, making weird -- but happy, I guess? -- burbling noises.
- <Familiar name> dances, and you know it must be a space jellyfish because space jamfish don't shake like that.
- <Familiar name> dances a jiggly space jellyfish dance.
- After combat, granting +stats:
- <Familiar name>... uh, well, <Familiar name> doesn't really have a mouth to smile with. But it has fangs? And it kind of waggles them?
- <Familiar name> bobs up and down next to you in a way that you think might be meant to substitute for smiling.
- <Familiar name> gives you that slow blink that cats do because cats can't really smile? Like a jellyfish?
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> winks one of its three eyes at you while getting your Tam O'Shanter all slimy.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> hovers around the maypole, waving its tentacles in a dance-like way
- With wax lips equipped:
- You reposition the wax lips on <name>'s dome before they slide off.
- None - familiar has no weaknesses.
- Delevels by weight/2 like a Barrrnacle but acts at the start of every combat.
- Sometimes helps you get the jump on an enemy if your Combat Initiative is not sufficient.
- Grants stats & items underwater.
- Having this familiar active enables a number of beneficial encounters:
- In The Hole in the Sky, adds the adventure Space Directions on the third turn attempted (then tenth, then seventeenth…) which lets you choose to fight an Astronomer, Camel's Toe or Skinflute.
- Once a day, you can Approach the Jellyfish in The Sea to obtain sea jelly.
- When defeating an acoustic electric eel:
- <name> swims over to the eel and wraps its tentacles around the electro-gland. And then swims over to you and...
|You acquire an effect: Super-Electrified|
(duration: 20 Adventures)
- At Marinara Trench, the adventure There is Sauce at the Bottom of the Ocean gives an additional option to obtain a globe of Deep Sauce once a day with no adventure cost.
- Also at Marinara Trench, the adventure Into the Abyss allows a Space Jellyfish that weighs 400-lbs to obtain a crushed steamer trunk.
- In The Wreck of the Edgar Fitzsimmons, the adventure Down at the Hatch gives an additional option to unlock an adventure that gives you a tarnished luggage key. The key opens the crushed steamer trunk to reveal recovered cufflinks.
- In An Octopus's Garden, the adventure In the Shade allows you to obtain sea truffles.
- In The Domed Cities of Ronaldus and Grimacia, drops an extra lunar isotope after combat, 50% of the time:
- <name> wanders over and drops something that it found out of its... bottom parts.
|You acquire an item: lunar isotope|
- Grants the skill Extract Jelly, which produces size 1 spleen consumables from elementally-aligned monsters, with a diminishing chance of success based on the number of jellies extracted that day. Consuming a jelly gives 50 turns of an effect and enables a beneficial action, which will occur once per jelly consumed.
- Jelly may also be cooked with toast to produce a 1 fullness food item that provides the same benefit, but only 25 turns of the effect.
Jelly Toast Effect Benefit (activates once per jelly consumed)
toast with hot jelly
+3 Muscle Stats Per Fight
+5 Hot Damage
Grants one use of the skill Breathe Out, a free run away and banish for 20 turns
toast with cold jelly
+3 Mysticality Stats per fight
+5 Cold Damage
The next booze you drink will produce one base booze per potency.
toast with sleaze jelly
+3 Moxie Stats per fight
+5 Sleaze Damage
Gives a 10% discount on the next item purchased from an NPC store.
toast with spooky jelly
+5 Stats per fight
+5 Spooky Damage
+10% to all attributes
Forces all non-conditional items to drop in the next combat you win, like a yellow ray without the cooldown.
toast with stench jelly
+30% Item Drops
+5 Stench Damage
+10% to all attributes
Attempts to force a noncombat in the next eligible place you adventure. It is thought to work by giving you a 100% noncombat modifier until a noncombat is encountered.
- The chance of any given extraction's success diminishes based on how many successful extracts you've already had today. The first extraction is guaranteed, the second has a 1/2 chance of success, the third has a 1/3 chance of success, the fourth has a 1/4 chance of success, the fifth has a 1/5 chance of success, and all extracts after that have a 1/20 chance of success.
Number of successes today Chance of success for the next extract 0 100% 1 1/2 2 1/3 3 1/4 4 1/5 5+ 1/20