is located in The Lighthouse
area of The Mysterious Island of Mystery
. It can be reached during
the Mysterious Island Quest
A primary stat of 170 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
(It is recommended that you have at least 170 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- Not only does this beach have the usual hazards of sunburn, sand-kicking bullies, and leftover medical waste, it's also inhabited by a tribe of fierce, man-eating lobsterfrogmen. Are you sure you're tough enough to handle them?
- Combat adventures always occur on turns 13, 25, 37, ... in this zone. This is in addition to any combats which may occur naturally.
- For a few days after the release of NS13 you were able to access this zone by using Teleportitis. This was a bug reported fixed by Jick on June 25, 2007.
- The combat adventure guarantee every 12th turn (starting turn 13) was added in a trivial update on March 10, 2014. At first, the combats occurred on turns 1, 12, 24, 36, ... but this was fixed on the same day.
- The title of this location is a play on the expression "Son of a Bitch." There was also a short-lived TV series by the name "Son Of The Beach", which was produced by shock-jock Howard Stern.
- The leftover medical waste on the beach is a reference to "Syringe Tide" or similar incidents.