|How many talons|
Does it take to thrash a foe?
Let's ask Mr. Owl.
Attacks enemies and looks smart
Ability: Attacks enemies.
|Ultimate Cage Match||Scavenger Hunt||Obstacle Course||Hide and Seek|+15% Meat Drop 6-10 MP +4 Muscle statgain +15% Item Drop +4 Mysticality statgain 8-10 HP +2 Moxie statgain Staggers* *Hover for details
|Cannot breathe underwater|
- Regular Message(s):
- <name> claws <him/her/it/them> for "X" damage.
- <name> attempts to sink its talons into <him/her/it/them>, but misses.
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> rotates its head 180 degrees and winks at you from under the Tam O'Shanter.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> dances around the maypole to the smash rock hit "Who Let the Owls Out?"
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name> pokes its beak through the wax lips and says something that sounds like "O RLY?".
- None - familiar has no weaknesses.
- Damage ranges from int(X/2)+5 to X+5 where X is the weight of the familiar.
- The owl will attempt to attack every round. It will be successful ceiling(X/6)*10 + 20% of the time, where X is the familiar's weight. (At 1 pound, it attacks 30% of the time; at 42 pounds, it attacks 90% of the time.)
- "Let's ask Mr. Owl" in the haiku is a reference to a classic commercial for Tootsie Pops, where a kid is told to "Ask Mr. Owl" for the answer to the question "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?"
- The maypole attack message is a pun on the Baha Men song "Who Let The Dogs Out".
- The wax lips attack message derives from an Internet meme and image macro that features a photo of a snowy owl with the words "O RLY?" superimposed over it.
- The Lucky Tam O'Shanter message refers to the fact that snowy owls can turn their heads up to 270 degrees.