Slow and Steady
| Data on this page needs confirmation.
Slow and Steady is the Summer 2014 special challenge path, introduced on May 15, 2014. This path adds variant rules and restrictions to an ascension run. Its description in The Bureau of Reincarnation reads "You get 100 Adventures per day, no less and no more."
- You will not gain adventures from any source. Anything which would normally give adventures gives this message instead:
- Slow and Steady was the first path to introduce standard restrictions, which applied while it was the current challenge path. The restrictions were lifted on August 15, 2014.
- You get 100 turns each day, instead of 40 turns. This includes the start of the run, and each rollover.
- Finishing a Slow and Steady run that began while it was still the current special challenge path -- that is, between May 15th, 2014, and August 14th, 2014 -- gives players 100 (in Hardcore) or 50 (in Normal) extra karma points the next time they visit Valhalla.
- You received a bottled day for completing a Normal or Hardcore run while this was the current challenge path.
- It was revealed on the forums that the bottled day will stop dropping after Slow and Steady has stopped being the active challenge path on August 15th, even if you started the ascension before that date.
- Hardcore runs also receive the standard stainless steel equipment.
- Players will receive a Thwaitgold wheel bug statuette upon defeating the Naughty Sorceress.
- Before May 18, 2014 players on this path could not access An Old Man. Attempting to do so gave:
- That shack you saw on the main map was just a picture of a shack drawn on the ground.
- This changed with a trivial update on May 18, 2014 which said:
- You can now Slowly and Steadily drown in The Sea if you want.
- "Slow and steady wins the race" is a well-known proverb. Most sources agree that it originates as the moral of Aesop's fable "The Tortoise and the Hare".
|Special Challenge Paths|