In the course of the Sauceror Nemesis quest, you must cook various potions from vials of slime that drop from monsters at The Convention Hall Lobby.
Vials of slime belong to one of three color groups: primary colors, secondary colors, or tertiary colors. Each of the monsters at The Convention Hall Lobby drop vials of a specific primary color of slime (after the quest is complete, Earl at the boat will offer a random primary colored vial for 1 non-combat adventure each.) Each vial of secondary color slime is created by cooking two distinct primary color slimes together. Vials of tertiary color slime are created by cooking specific vials of primary color slime with vials of secondary color slime. The possible colors of slime available are as follows:
- Primary colors:
- Secondary colors:
- Tertiary colors:
There is also a vial of brown slime, obtained by cooking together any slimes such that all three primary colors are among the base ingredients.
There are 91 possible slime recipes. The rules for combining slime colors are:
- A color mixed with itself will result in itself.
- Two different primary colors mixed with together will produce a secondary color.
- A secondary color mixed with one of its primary base colors will produce a tertiary color.
- A tertiary color mixed with the higher concentration primary color will result in itself.
- A tertiary color mixed with the lower concentration primary color will result in its base secondary color.
- A tertiary color mixed with its base secondary color will result in itself.
- Mixing two different tertiary colors whose base secondary colors are the same will result in that base secondary color.
- Introducing a third color by any means will result in brown.
Examples of these rules in practice:
- Yellow + Yellow = Yellow.
- Yellow + Red = Orange
- Orange + Yellow = Amber
- Amber + Yellow = Amber
- Amber + Red = Orange
- Amber + Orange = Amber
- Amber + Vermilion = Orange
- Amber + Blue = Brown
Recipes of each specific color of slime are listed on their individual item pages.
Slime Cooking Matrix
Within each color group, the effects of specific vials are randomized per ascension. Each vial will give a distinct one of the following effects for 15 adventures:
- For primary colors:
- For secondary colors:
- For tertiary colors: