Sleeping snowy owl
(In-game plural: sleeping snowy owls)
- Zapping a yo-yo only
|You put the sleeping snowy owl in your Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium.
|The owl opens one eye, and says to you, sleepily, "Don't take any crap from that punk with the scar -- you were here first." before settling back into its nap.
|You decide to name him Gonald.
- Try highlighting the item description...
- The fact that this hatchling is acquired through the zapping of a yo-yo is a reference to the Vertigo comics title The Books of Magic, created by Neil Gaiman. The protagonist, Tim Hunter, learns that magic is real when Doctor Occult turns his yo-yo into an owl, aptly named Yo-Yo (not a snowy owl, though).
- In the Harry Potter books, Harry has a snowy Owl called Hedwig, who happens to be sleeping a lot. "Punk with a scar" refers to Harry, who has a scar on his forehead. The line "you were here first" is a reference to the fact that Tim Hunter (who has a number of coincidental similarities to Harry Potter) is sometimes accused of being a Harry Potter ripoff, but was in fact created well before Harry Potter was.
- "Several angry inches" indirectly refers to Harry's owl by way of the movie title Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
- The hidden "O RLY?" refers to the infamous internet meme.
|sleeping snowy owl | yo-yo
"1410" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.