Skelter Butleton, the Butler Skeleton
|Skelter Butleton, the Butler Skeleton|
|Locations||The VERY Unquiet Garves (after reading half of a memo)|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
You hear a soft "ahem" behind you, and turn to see a skeleton butler, wrapped in the shreds of what used to be an impeccably pressed tuxedo. He bows stiffly, then addresses you in unctuous tones:
"Greetings, sir. I am Skelter Butleton, the former butler to Lord Spookyraven. I've ironed your newspaper, shined your shoes, and tidied up the ballroom. I'd like to beat you within an inch of your life now, if that is at all convenient."
You start to tell him that it's really not at all convenient, but it's too late -- he's already inching toward you, bony fists at the ready.
He bows stiffly in front of you. A little too close to you, in fact, since his bony head collides with yours. Oof! Argh! Ugh! Eek!
He unties his bowtie and obsequiously strangles you with it. Argh! Oof! Ooh! Ooh!
He buttles you in the <leg>. Ugh! Ow! Ooh! Oof!
He superciliously kicks you square in the <forehead>. Ooh! Argh! Eek! Eek!
He shamelessly toadies up to you. You get warts all over your <throat>. Eek! Argh! Ugh! Ugh!
He whips off one of his patent-leather shoes and throws it at you. Ow! Who throws a shoe? Argh! Ouch! Eek! Ow! Argh! Oof!
He whips out a feather duster and cleans the tombstones around you, then picks up a tombstone and heaves it at you. It smacks you square in the lower back, and you fall down, thoroughly stoned. Ugh! Ooh! Ow! Ugh!
He tries to head-butt you, but apparently is a lousy head-buttler.
He tries to buttle you in the <head>, but ends up buttling himself instead. You tell him to stop buttling himself, and he replies "Would that I could, sir."
He tries to punch you in the face, but you keep a stiff upper lip.
He tries to toady up to you, but you hop away.
He throws his bowler hat at you, but it's only felt, so you barely feel it. Er, it is barely felt by you.
He tries to strangle you with his bowtie, but it turns out it's a clip-on.
He starts to walk towards you, then stops, bows, and asks if there will be anything else. He has such a strange, obsequious manner that you want to have him killed. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: silver shrimp fork (100% chance)*|
|You gain 41 <substat>.|
Occurs in The VERY Unquiet Garves once you have used the half of a memo from your inventory.
- Many players have reported that this is a one time adventure, win or lose, and, upon reading the half of a memo, is encountered after having adventured in The Misspelled Cemetary for approximately five turns.
- If you lose to, run from or CLEESH the butler, you will have lost your chance to obtain the silver shrimp fork until your next ascension where you must restart the quest.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- It appears that Bad Moon adventures, special adventures (such as Feast of Boris monsters), or clover adventures can cause you to miss the butler adventure.
- The silver shrimp fork cannot be pickpocketed as of August 30, 2019.
- The miss message in which you tell him to "stop buttling himself" is from a 2002 episode of "The Simpsons". The term is also used in the 1985 film Clue - when Wadsworth the butler is asked what exactly he does, his reply is "I buttle, sir."
- The miss message in which he tries to use his bowler hat as a weapon is a reference to Oddjob, a villain from the James Bond movie and novel Goldfinger.
- The fumble message is a reference to the They Might Be Giants song "Turn Around" – "He had the same obsequious manner / that was the reason I had him killed."
- The hit message in which he throws his shoe is a reference to Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery and the character of Random Task, with the related miss message referring to Oddjob of Goldfinger.