Some special mechanics in the game can be obtained from multiple sources but limits on how often you can use them is mutually shared between them. This page lists these mechanics and their sources.
This is a special form of insta-kill that also guarantees all non-conditional items to drop. Each of the sources of disintegration gives you the Everything Looks Yellow effect which disables disintegration until it disappears. Unlike most other effects, Everything Looks Yellow disappears at rollover. The current sources are:
- Skill from familiar: Point at your opponent while a He-Boulder's eye-beams are yellow
- Skill from familiar: Unleash Nanites with the Nanoballsy effect active (from a Nanorhino)
- Skill from familiar: Open a Big Yellow Present (from a Crimbo Shrub decorated with yellow presents)
- Combat item: pumpkin bomb
- Combat item: unbearable light
- Combat item: Golden Light
- Combat item: mayo lance
- Combat item: pulled yellow taffy (underwater only)
- Combat item: yellowcake bomb (only obtainable in KOLHS)
- Skill from challenge path: Flash Headlight with an ultralight yellow bulb installed (in Avatar of Sneaky Pete)
- Skill from challenge path: Ball Lightning (in Heavy Rains)
- Skill from challenge path: Wrath of Ra (in Actually Ed the Undying)
See yellow ray strategy for more detail.
Multi-use monster copying
Unlike the 4-d camera and A Fax Machine, which allow you to fight a copy of a monster once per day each and are on their own counters, there are some items that can be reused multiple times each day that are on a shared counter. Currently you can fight a combined total of 6 copies from these multi-use items each day, but each individual item only lets you fight a copy a maximum of 5 times per day by itself.
Wandering monster copies
Familiar-based skills that mark a monster and create wandering copies share the same counter. Only one of these may be used per day.
- Fire a badly romantic arrow (from Obtuse Angel familiar; creates 2 copies or 3 copies with familiar equipment)
- Wink at (Familiar Name) (from Reanimated Reanimator familiar; creates 3 copies)
Free runaways from familiars
Free runaways that are sourced from familiars are on a shared counter. You can receive one free runaway for every 5 pounds of familiar weight.
Airsickness-inducing free runaways
Some items provide free runaways with a decreasing chance of success the more often you successfully use them. This chance of a runaway is shared between all of the items. Note that attempting to runaway while one of the familiars that grant runaways above is active will prevent the activation of this type of runaway, even if the familiar-based runaway fails.
The success rates are:
- 100% until your 3rd success each day
- 80% until your 6th success each day
- 50% until your 9th success each day
- 20% for the 10th and final runaway
Free scaling combats that do not cost adventures are on a shared counter between certain familiars. The total number of free combats per day is capped at seven.
Some items containing the power of Ak'gyxoth, the Tiki God of fruity tropical drinks, were fished out of the ocean and can summon up fruity girl drinks. Only one of these summons can be used per day across all of the items. This use does not prevent you from summoning Ak'gykoth at the Summoning Chamber.
Chocolates are consumables that grant a few extra adventures. Several types of chocolates are bound by shared daily counters.
See Chocolate Phenomenon for further information.