Second Eldritch Incursion
Aftermath of first incursion
- After the Eldritch Incursion, a few locations were altered, having been temporarily swallowed by fissures:
- Hagnk was trapped in the sole remaining fissure, although his storage business continued to operate thanks to his Knob Goblin delignquegnts.
- A souvenir from the event, just a lump of inert eldritch matter, could be found in Uncle P's Antiques on sale for 5 million meat.
- On the following Generic Summer Holiday (November 13, 2016), swimming in the Reasonably-Sized Fountain granted 1 Adventure of Eldritch Attunement in addition to its normal effect.
- Dr. Gordon Stuart, a Scientist remained at his tent in the Forest Village, predicting "this isn't the last we've seen of this phenomenon."
- Around January 3, 2017 "just a lump of inert eldritch matter" was renamed "lump of basically inert eldritch matter"
- On January 6, 2017 it was renamed to "lump of basically motionless eldritch matter"
- On January 15, 2017 it became a "lump of kinda motionless eldritch matter"
- Dr. Gordon Stuart warned that the psychic noise caused by Crimbo was weakening the world barrier.
- Beginning sometime around January 7 resting at your campsite would occasionally display the following message:
- You are having that pleasant dream involving a tub of ice cream, a cordless screwdriver, and the meteorologist from the local station, when a large rip appears in your vision. A creepy tentacle reaches out towards you and a voice whispers in your mind, "Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl will not be thwarted. Open the way so he may feast...."
- You awake with that feeling best described in dwarvish, "ohcrapthatcannotbegoodenfeelin".
- On January 24, 2017, Dr. Stuart announced in chat: "Initial breakthrough in Seaside Town! To the science mobiles!"
- Eldritch Tentacles once again appeared in Seaside Town and The Big Mountains.
- The lump of eldritch matter continued to increase its level of activity:
- On January 26, 2017 it changed to "lump of occasionally wriggling eldritch matter"
- On February 3, 2017 it changed to "lump of frequently wriggling eldritch matter"
- Dr. Stuart again tasked adventurers with collecting data points with his Science Notebooks while fighting the tentacles. He also designed some items to help:
- On January 30, 2017, the General Store stopped selling eldritch alignment spray.
- On January 31, 2017, Dr. Stuart announced that he had all the data he needed.
- On February 2, 2017, the Tentacles disappeared and Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl appeared in Seaside Town.
- On February 3, 2017, players could contribute eldritch ichor at Hangk's to force Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl back into its endless chasm of doom..
- On February 8, 2017, the contribution countdown ended and Gordon instructed adventurers to visit town, where the final cinematic was shown (at place.php?whichplace=town&efinale=1). (youtube link).
- Dr. Gordon Stuart has devised a plan
- and we're done with you!
- "You will not defeat me. I will devour you."
- We've collected your ichor, your blood,
- and delivered it to the chasm of doom!
- "I am still here, mortal..."
- Dr. Stuart! Is that attuner ready?
- <An Eldritch Fissure appears>
- Ah ha! Goodbye, Sssschmuck.
- "That is not my name, disrespectful mortal."
- It is now. Enjoy the chasm of endless doom.
- "I think I'll stay here and devour your soul."
- Dr. Stuart! Any time now.
- <Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl shrinks and is pulled into the fissure>
- It's working! He's being sucked back through!
- Well. I guess that's over.
- <The fissure spits out a large severed tentacle, which flies off the bottom of the screen>
- Whoah, what's that?
- <The fissure spits out Hagnk, with a tentacle for a leg>
- Hagnk! You're alright.... kinda!
- I wonder where that severed tentacle landed?
- Escort Hagnk back to The Right Side of the Tracks
- or watch that again.
- After Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl's banishment, the lump of frequently wriggling eldritch matter became a lump of not really wriggling eldritch matter.
- Dr. Stuart remains at his tent with the severed Eldritch Tentacle, which adventurers can fight once per day.
- He also continues to make equipment out of eldritch essences.
- On January 24, 2017, a new message appeared:
- Well, great. We've had just about enough of this tentacle business. Maybe in the really distant lands they are used to tentacles and giant lizards stomping through the town. But not here. We've had just about enough.
- Tell you what, you help Dr. Stuart out with this tentacle business by gathering 666 points of data, and we'll make you an Official Council Aide.
- Reporting to the Council for the first time after gathering 666 points of data:
- Thank you for your service with the data colletion !
|You acquire an item: Official Council Aide Pin|
- With the Official Council Aide Pin, the second line became:
- Dr. Stuart has some plans to deal with this, maybe you can help him. But, seriously, we're not paid enough to deal with all of this.
- On January 25, 2017, the following was added:
- The Doctor has asked us to put up a record of the best data collectors. For science, you know?
- On February 2, 2017, new text appeared:
- "Hey, you, out there! We're not coming out until you adventurers deal with that giant tentacle beast looming over the town. And then we're going to have a very serious discussion about who's responsible for dealing with all these catastrophes... we don't think it should be us," comes a voice from behind the metal door.
- There's some sort of data collection plaque next to the door.
- On February 8, 2017 after the finale, new text appeared:
- By the way, we're sick of all these disasters. Holes in the sky. Tentacle beasts trying to eat our town? We're going to do something about this, you just wait.