|Locations||Guano Junction, Batrat and Ratbat Burrow, Beanbat Chamber|
|Monster Parts||head, wing|
With an unholy shriek, a screambat descends from the ceiling of the bat hole, its gargantuan mouth --
Oh, holy cow. That shriek was just a regular bat getting out of the screambat's way. Let's start again.
With an eardrum-shattering, earth-shaking bellow, a screambat descends from the ceiling with murder in its eyes, and a whole lot of volume in its voicebox.
In space, no one can hear this bat scream. Sadly, you're not in space. Ow! Argh! Ugh!
It squeaks, "do you like scary movies?" then screams so loud your skull rattles. Ugh! Ouch! Argh!
The lambs may have stopped screaming, but the bat's still battering your eardrums. Ow! Ugh! Ow!
It flies up to a stalactite and knocks it loose with a scream. It lands on your neck, eliciting a scream from you. Ow! Argh! Oof!
It flies up to the ceiling and shrieks, dislodging a few sizable boulders, which land directly on you. I would not feel so all alone -- everybody must get hit with rocks. Ugh! Ow! Ugh!
The bat flies a little too high, and ends up in a space where no one can hear it scream.
It asks you if you like scary movies. You decline to answer.
The lambs have stopped screaming, and so has the bat, for a minute.
It screams for ice cream, but you don't have any.
It starts to get a little hoarse, and flies away to get a sip of water, maybe some hot tea with honey, maybe take a nice steamy shower. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain ? <substat>.|
- Occurs every eight total turns spent in the aforementioned zones. Spending 2 adventures in each zone counts as 6 turns towards your next screambat, for example.
- The counter is zero-indexed, so you won't see the first screambat until your 9th adventure. This screambat counts towards the next screambat, so the second occurs on the 17th, etc.
- The counter is advanced by Mini-Hipster fights, running away (for free or otherwise), or wandering monsters (such as those during Feast of Boris, or a Bees Hate You run). Be careful with wandering monsters, as they can override the Screambat and reset the counter.
- Defeating a Screambat while The Bat Hole is unlocked, but The Boss Bat's Lair is locked, will open the next side zone, similar to using a sonar-in-a-biscuit.
- After you win, you will see the message:
- The "rock crumbling" message only appears when a new zone is unlocked.
- Defeating a screambat before having the quest, such as through a fax, will not unlock the Bat Hole or break any of the walls in it.
- Not wishable
- "In space, no one can hear you scream" is the tagline for the movie Alien.
- "Do you like scary movies?" is a line from the slasher horror film Scream.
- The lambs did indeed stop screaming; after all, there's an entire book and movie about The Silence of the Lambs.
- The critical hit message slyly "quotes" Bob Dylan's song "Rainy Day Women ♯ 12 & 35" (yes, that's the title - not "Everybody Must Get Stoned").
- The "ice cream" miss message references "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream," a line from a popular 1927 song.