This steel thermos was once owned by the renowned theoretical bartender Marvin Schrödinger, who illustrated the problems of quantum alcoholism by training his cat to knock random drink ingredients into a thermos while he wasn't looking. The result is a situation wherein you can't determine what you're about to drink until you've already drunk it, thus collapsing the probability waveform of the cocktail into a single discrete eigenstate.
(In-game plural: Schrödinger's thermoses)
- Consuming a Schrödinger's thermos causes you to consume a random drink. Consumption messages, stats, adventures, drunkenness, and effects are given as though the booze was consumed normally.
- The drink selected is still subject to level restrictions. If you are too low of a level to drink it, the thermos will not be consumed. Similarly, if a N. O. Beer or Otorian Battle Scar is selected, you will receive the "consumption" message and keep the thermos.
- Drinks that cannot be obtained are:
- Tiny plastic sword drinks: bodyslam, cherry bomb, dirty martini, grogtini, sangria del diablo, vesper
- Drinks consumed upon purchase: Antarctic Ice Tea, Black and Tan and Red All Over, braincracker sweet, candycaine, CRIMBCO Egg Substitute Nog Substitute, CRIMBCO Extreme Braincracker Sour, CRIMBCO Ribbon Candy Schnapps, cyder, eggnogtini, fermented honey, gin, Gin and Herring, grimacider, Hi-Octane Peppermint Jet Fuel, hot choculate, hot toady, Infinitesimal IPA, Isotope Nog, Mutagin 'n' Tonic, Oil Nog, Petite Porter, Scrawny Stout
- Drinks that no longer exist in the game: cranmopolitan, supermartini, untainted eggnog
- steel margarita
- Evil fruity girl drinks: an evil little sump'm sump'm, evil ducha de oro, evil horizontal tango, evil roll in the hay
- The random drink is added to your consumption history; the Schrödinger's thermos is not.
- If you attempt to consume this item while falling-down drunk, a drink will still be chosen, and its icon will be shown, but it will not be consumed.
- The premise of this item refers to Schrödinger's cat, a hypothetical quantum physics problem that involves macroscopic results set inside a sealed box. At the end of the time period, the odds for the cat in the box to be alive or dead are exactly equal, and the cat is therefore simultaneously alive and dead. The state of the cat inside the box is only resolved when it is opened (the box, not the cat); similarly, you don't know what's inside the thermos until you drink it.
|TOP 10 Schrödinger's thermos collections|
6. Concurrence - 5002 | 7. schrodingerscat - 5000 | 8. Mistress of the Obvious - 4069 | 9. BlindDrunk - 4000 | 10. WhlskeyJack - 3500
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings