The Sauceror class skill system was revamped on November 15, 2013. The following is an archive of the class page prior to the change.
There is a cap on bonus spell damage, and exceeding it may cause bad things to happen to you (as a non-Sauceror) or grant a beneficial effect (as a Sauceror). See Calculating Spell Damage and the individual spell pages for more information.
|Level||Skill||Description||Effect||Type||MP Cost||Train Cost|
|By reflecting on the nature of the Cosmic Sauce, you can become more closely attuned to its mysteriousness. Your Enchantedness and Maximum HP will increase for a period of time.|| Saucemastery
(+1 Mysticality and +3 HP)
|This spell allows you to conjure up a ball of spicy salsa and sling it at your enemy, doing a small amount of damage.||(2-3) (hot damage)||Combat||1||N/A|
Stream of Sauce
|This spell creates a stream of sauce, which will do 3-4 points of damage to an opponent. The damage of this spell increases slightly with your Mysticality.|| (3-4)+(10% of Mys) cold or hot damage, Mys caps at 100 (max 13-14 base damage)
Has a splashback if Bonus Spell Damage exceeds 10.
|This skill allows you to conjure up a healing salve made of healing sauce, and heal some of your wounds. Healingly.||Heals 10-15 HP.||Combat||4||500 Meat|
|You've got mad skills at handling the pan. This skill increases the amount of Meat you get when fighting monsters by 10%.||+10% Meat from Monsters||Passive||N/A||1000 Meat|
|This spell conjures a shell of sauce around you (or another player), which will protect you (or another player) from all elemental attacks.|| Elemental Saucesphere
(So-So resistance to all elements)
|This skill allows you to use scrumptious reagents, in combination with various food items, to cook up a wide variety of sauces and salves.||
|This spell creates a violent cloud of sauce, which engulfs an opponent and does 14-18 damage. The damage done by this spell increases slightly with your Mysticality.|| (14-18)+(20% of Mys) cold or hot damage, Mys caps at 125 (max 39-43 base damage)
Has a splashback if Bonus Spell Damage exceeds 15.
|This spell will conjure a shell of spicy sauce around you (or another player.) Any sauce spells that pass through the shell will return a portion of their MP cost as HP. (5 MP)|| Jalapeño Saucesphere
(Any sauce spell passing through the Jalapeño Saucesphere will have approximately the MP cost converted into an HP gain; monsters hitting you take 1-5 damage; Damage Reduction: 3)
Wave of Sauce
|This spell will conjure an immense wave of sauce, which will wash over your enemies and cleanse them from the face of the Cosmos.|| (20-24)+(30% of Mys) cold or hot damage, Mys caps at 100 (max 50-54 base damage)
Has a splashback if Bonus Spell Damage exceeds 25.
|This skill makes you spicier, in general, than others. Your Sauce spells will do more damage to opponents.||+1 spell damage for sauce spells per level; maximum +10||Passive||N/A||8000 Meat|
|This spell will summon a thick shell of extremely spicy sauce around you (or another player.) Any sauce spells that pass through the shell will return a portion of their MP cost as MP.|| Jabañero Saucesphere
(Any sauce spells passing through Jabañero Saucesphere will have approximately 25% of their MP cost converted into an MP gain; monsters hitting you take 1-5 damage); Damage Reduction: 5
|This spell will call forth a tremendous geyser of Sauce from the ground at your enemy's feet. Few foes can withstand the savage combination of beating and drowning that this spell delivers.||(35-45)+(35% of Mys) cold or hot damage, Mys never caps||Combat||28||12500 Meat|
|You're as saucy as saucy can be. When you drink potions crafted with Scrumptious Reagents, their effects will last 5 Adventures longer for you than they do for normal people.||Reagent potions give 10 turns of their effect instead of 5 to non-Saucerors, and 15 instead of 10 to Saucerors.||Passive||N/A||15000 Meat|
Diminished Gag Reflex
|Working with pungent sauces has increased your tolerance for bad smells -- stench-based attacks will be less effective against you.||So-So Stench Resistance||Passive||N/A||20000 Meat|
|With this skill, your sauces will always be the perfect temperature for the occasion. That occasion more often than not being combat with a monster.||Sauce spells will be of the element which will do more damage to the monster (cold or hot only).||Passive||N/A||25000 Meat|
The Way of Sauce
|You know everything there is to know about the Saucerorin' business. You are capable of making the finest potions and sauces known to Saucerorkind.||Allows you to use scrumdiddlyumptious solutions to make high quality sauces and potions, as well as granting the ability to conjure two additional scrumptious reagents per day.||Passive||N/A||30000 Meat|
|Spookyraven Manor Quest Skill|
|This spell coats you (or somebody else) with a writhing coating of sauce. But not any ordinary sauce -- sauce made of the very essence of fear. The overall effect is very spooky.|| Scarysauce
(So-So Cold Resistance and Sleaze Resistance
Also, monsters attacking you take 2-10 Spooky Damage)
|Sea Floor Skill|
|You've beheld the Deep Sauce. You've heard the songs it sings. You feel what it feels, and you know what it knows. And most importantly, you understand how to cook with it.||Allows you to create potions with globes of Deep Sauce.||Passive||N/A||N/A|
|Crimbo '09 Skill|
Surge of Icing
|This spell adds a little bit of holiday flair to your Saucery, allowing you to summon a massive gout of delicious icing.||(14-18)+(20% of Mys) physical damage, Mys caps at 125 (max 39-43 base damage)||Combat||10||N/A|
|The Traveling Trader Skill|
|This spell allows you to conjure up a storm of pungent cheese sauce.||(14-18)+(20% of Mys) stench damage, Mys caps at 125 (max 39-43 base damage)||Combat||10||N/A|
The amount of Mysticality required to attain level L follows the formula Mysticality = L2 - 2L+ 5.
- +50% MP: Saucerors (and Pastamancers) have an innate 50% bonus to their maximum MP.
- +5% Elemental Resistance: Saucerors (and Pastamancers) have an innate 5% resistance to elemental damage. This resistance applies only to damage, and will not pass tests that check for levels of elemental resistance (like Guano Junction).
- Extended Reagent Potion Duration: Saucerors innately gain 5 extra turns of the effect from any scrumptious reagent, scrumdiddlyumptious solution, or globe of Deep Sauce potion (except for the pressurized potion of pneumaticity and bitter pill). This bonus is not reflected on the in-game item pages.
- Bonus Reagent Potions: Saucerors produce 3 reagent potions per 1 set of ingredients cooked, including those cooked with The Way of Sauce. Exceptions include the bitter pill, the concoction of clumsiness, the fluid of fudge-finding, and all potions cooked with a nauseating reagent.
- Spell Splashback: If a Sauceror casts a Sauceror-specific spell in combat with enough +spell damage, they can gain special buffs. See the Splashback section for details.
- Saucerors who have passed their guild's test can access Gouda's Grimoire and Grocery and, if they have learned Transcendental Noodlecraft, use The Wok of Ages.
- Saucerors can cast Salsaball in combat for 0 MP.
- The Pet Cheezling's HP- and MP-restoring ability is more powerful if you are a Sauceror.
- Saucerors start with a saucepan, a Hollandaise helmet, old sweatpants and a Newbiesport™ tent in their inventory.
- The Sauceror's Epic Weapon is the 5-Alarm Saucepan.
- The Sauceror's Legendary Epic Weapon is the 17-alarm Saucepan.
- The Sauceror's Ultimate Legendary Epic Weapon is the Windsor Pan of the Source.
- The Sauceror's Epic Hat is the Ancient Saucehelm.
- The Sauceror's Epic Pants are the Newman's Own Trousers.
- The Sauceror's Epic Accessory is the Gravyskin Belt of the Sauceblob.
- The Sauceror's Legendary Regalia is the Legendary Regalia of the Saucemaestro.
- The Sauceror's Hardcore ascension reward is the stainless steel scarf.
- The Sauceror's Hardcore Oxygenarian ascension reward is the plexiglass pinky ring.
- The Sauceror's Bad Moon ascension reward is the Brimstone Bracelet.
- The Sauceror's secret from the future reward is the bewitching boots.
- The Sauceror's Hateful Habiliment item is the Pantaloons of Hatred.
- The Sauceror's Violent Vestments item is the Lens of Violence.
- Saucerors can get a marinara jug from the Hobo Marketplace.
- The chintzy saucepan earring, the ladle of mystery, and the special sauce glove confer their enchantment bonus only to Saucerors.
- The Legendary Regalia of the Saucemaestro and its components confer their enchantment bonuses only to Saucerors.
- The Pyretic Panhandler Paraphernalia and its components confer their enchantment bonuses only to Saucerors.
- The Sauceror's Nemesis Quest familiar is the Pet Cheezling.
- The Sauceror's level 30 trophy is the Sauciest Saucier.
- A saucepan is required to cast saucesphere buffs. The saucepan used determines the number of adventures granted per cast:
- If a specific saucepan is wielded, it will be used to cast all buffs. Otherwise, the best saucepan in the player's inventory will be automatically selected.
- Information on how to use the Sauceror spells in an effective manner can be found on the Sauce Synergy page.
If you cast Stream of Sauce, Saucestorm, or Wave of Sauce with bonus spell damage exceeding the damage cap, some of the sauce will splash back onto you. For Saucerors, this grants a special buff for the duration of the combat based on the element of the spell. Other classes will simply take damage.
These are the buffs you gain from splashback as a Sauceror:
- Stream of Sauce (+10 cap):
- Saucestorm (+15 cap):
- Wave of Sauce (+25 cap):
Although a Sauceror is a master of all sauces, only a select few sauces are worthy for laying waste to opponents in combat. All of a Sauceror's spells are composed of one of the following sauces:
- Alfredo Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Cocktail Sauce
- Special Sauce
- Steak Sauce
- Tartar Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- The names of levels 3 through 6 are a reference to the English ballad "Scarborough Fair".