(In-game plural: Ruby Rods)
omigod listen omigod man you hit for X damage. Supergreen! KAPOW! WHACK! BOOF!
The Rod says, "Freeze those knees, my chickadees!" You're baffled, but you still hit for X damage. BIFF! SMACK! KAPOW!
The Rod says, "It must pop, pop, POP!" as you use it to hit for X damage. BOINK! WHACK! KAPOW!
The Rod says, "Omigod listen my man, listen, I can't hit this guy you've got to do something, man!" You crack the Rod against <it> for X damage. BARF! BOOF! BAM!
The Rod says, "quiver, ladies, quiver!" as you hit for X damage. BOINK! SMACK! ZAP!
- Against a liquid metal robot:
- The Rod says, "I'm freezing, Decken! I'm freezing in here, man! This is not green!" It absorbs the ice into its ruby, then spits out a disc that's so cold you could stick your tongue to it
You acquire an item: essence of cold
- Against a Space Marine:
- The Rod says, "That alien's freakin' me out, my man, that's freaky, freaky, Decken, omigod, my man!" It absorbs the chestburster into its ruby, then spits out the scariest disc you've ever seen.
You acquire an item: essence of fright
- Against a Bangyomaman Warrior:
- The Rod says, "omigod, Decken, omigod that flame is hot, man! It's hot!" It absorbs the flame into its ruby, then spits out a red-hot disc.
You acquire an item: essence of heat
- Against a "Handyman" Jay Android:
- The Rod says, "Woah, that ain't right. That just ain't right, Decken, my man, Decken, that ain't right, my man." It absorbs the "attachment" into its ruby, then spits out a vibrating, pulsating disc you don't really want to touch.
You acquire an item: essence of kink
- Against a 7-Foot Dwarf Replicant:
- The Rod says, "omigod, Decken, that smells bad! I mean, that smells bad, my man!" It absorbs the android's foul blood in to its ruby and spits out a fetid little disc.
You acquire an item: essence of stench
- If this is your equipped weapon (in your main or off-hand, but not on your Disembodied Hand) while working on the Future quest, you can gain essences used to complete the quest. You will need to hold off killing the monster until it uses an elementally aligned attack, after which you hit the monster and Ruby Rod will absorb and create an essence.
- Attacking, but failing to hit the monster, still results in the creation of an essence.