Rotten dolphin thief
|Rotten dolphin thief|
|Locations||using a dolphin whistle|
|Monster Parts||head, tail|
You swim a few miles out from the shore, and blow the whistle. A few seconds later, it's knocked out of your hand as one of those dumb jerk dolphins bursts to the surface from beneath you.
It glares at you, making that high-pitched chirping noise that dolphins make. Given the look in its eyes, you're guessing it's dolphin-language for "get bent."
It clobbers your <shins> with its heavy flukes. Man, those flukes are hazardous! Eek! Oof! Ow! Ouch! Ouch! Ooh! Eek! Ugh!
It draws back and smacks you in the <arm> with its wet flipper. Oof! Ouch! Ooh! Ugh! Argh! Ooh! Eek! Ugh!
It bashes your nose in with its beak. It's like an Eskimo kiss, but a little bit more violent. Ugh! Oof! Eek! Ow! Oof! Ugh! Eek! Eek!
It bites your <throat> with some surprisingly sharp teeth. You try not to bleed into the water too much -- gotta be mindful of sharks. Ow! Ow! Ooh! Ugh! Oof! Eek! Ow! Ooh!
It summons an entire pod of its buddies, each of whom break one of your limbs. Ouch. You're going to need some sort of full body pod cast to deal with these injuries... Ugh! Eek! Ouch! Argh! Eek! Oof! Ouch! Ow!
It tries to bite you, but a barque sails between the two of you before it can reach you.
It tries to bash your nose in with its beak, but you follow your nose out of the way.
It tries to hit you with one of its flukes, but it ends up fluking some whales, instead.
It tries to smack you with its flipper, but you tell it not to be flip.
It summons up a whole pod of its buddies, but instead of attacking you, they all simultaneously jump through a bunch of flaming hoops. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire... something.|
|You gain 100 <substat>.|
Encountered by using a dolphin whistle.
- This dolphin will drop the last item that a dolphin stole from you during underwater adventuring. The buffer is only one item - the penultimate stolen item won't be dropped in a combat with the next dolphin.
- This combat does not occur underwater - you are presumably swimming on the surface, and require no breathing aids.
- As a result, items and equipment that primarily work underwater, such as the pulled red taffy, will function as if the combat was on land.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- Unlike most combats that occur from using items, fighting a rotten dolphin thief WILL take an adventure.