|Age:||Short in the tooth|
|Height:||Fair to middling|
|Alignment:||For Great Justice|
|Hair Color:||Honey, and head-to-toe.|
|Eye Color:||Hazel. Well, more walnut.|
|Record:||# / #|
Roo is an oddity, even in the odd world of Kingdom Wrestling. He is a kangaroo who was raised by a family of martial artists after being abandoned in the wild by his kangaroo clan. His adopted parents taught him meditation, the harnessing of the cheez (the unnaturally-orange foam that holds the universe together), and how to lay the smack-down in honorable ways. After the sparring rounds began to result in mortal wounds, his honorable family insisted he wear boxing gloves over his claws.
Roo fights for honor, justice, and the way of the sword, though he can't hold one himself. He has been known to threaten ritualistic suicide when he loses a fight. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often.
Roo's cheez-based attacks, martial arts training, and sheer kangaroo rage make him a formidable foe in the ring. No one is sure what he does when outside the ring, but he steers clear of the soap opera that is KWE dating. Which, bestiality laws being what they are, is undoubtedly a good thing. There are rumors that he hides out on ships and pretends to be a giant mouse so he can beat up cats, but those are rumors only.
- ...from That One Weird Continent to the squared dodecahedron, it's everyone's favorite Martial Marsupial, ROO! How the heck does he karate-chop with boxing gloves on?
- The crowd cheers as Roo prepares to use his special attack, "A Token!"
- Roo concentrates, harnesses his cheez, and produces a giant subway token! He hurls the token at <opponent>, who collapses beneath the weight. ZAMM!
- Roo concentrates, harnesses his cheez, and produces a giant subway token! He hurls the token at <opponent>, but it evaporates before it gets there!
- The crowd cheers as Roo prepares to use his special attack, "Kanga Ruse!"
- Roo hides his boxing gloves behind his back and poses as a giant mouse! <opponent> comes over for a closer look and Roo clocks him/her like a track coach. ZAMM!
- Roo hides his boxing gloves behind his back and poses as a giant mouse! <opponent> produces a giant mousetrap from his/her pocket and snaps it around Roo's neck!
- Roo uses <opponent>'s <foot> as a speed-bag! ZAMM! ZAMM! ZAMM!!
- ...shouts, "For great justice!"
- . . . holding this with boxing gloves will be the greatest challenge I have faced since that time I tried to type! But I will persevere! For great justice!
- Yes! This will protect my sensitive kangaroo nether regions and allow me to win the match! Ha-ha! For great justice!
- Ha-ha! This food is very good indeed! I will eat it and become strong or perhaps fat but that is okay because kangaroos look good with a little meat in the seat! For great justice!
- Ha-ha! This is not great food, but I will eat it up very quickly and become stronger! For great justice!
- Wow! This drink is fancy! I will drink it up quickly and then I might fall down, ha-ha! For great justice!
- Ah! Sweet and fiery alcohol! This will surely make me happy, at least for a little while! I will drink it straight away! For great justice!
- Ah! A tasty bottle of an intoxicating beverage! Just the thing to make me forget the freakish nature of my life! I will drink it right away! For great justice!
- Ha-ha! Fermented hops and barley! It is Australian for beer! I will drink it and let the bubbles tickle my nose! For great justice!
- Ah! A stat booster to make my muscles strong! I shall consume it right away and victory will be mine! For great justice!
- Yes! This is just the thing I need to give me the edge to perhaps win the match! For great justice!
- Roo is a cross between Roger, the boxing kangaroo from the Tekken games, and Ryu, the archetypical karate fighter from the Street Fighter series. His "A Token" special attack is a reference to Ryu's ubiquitous projectile attack, the "Hadoken" (and the fact that the low-quality voice samples in Street Fighter II made it sound to many gamers that Ryu actually was saying "a token").
- The Winnie the Pooh stories also had a kangaroo named Roo.
- Roo could also be a nod to Ricky from the Legend of Zelda games Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, which may explain his fighting for "the way of the sword." (Note: Capcom, the company that create the Street Fighter series, had a hand in the development of the Oracle games.)
- Roo may also be a reference to a hidden character of the same name in the Sega Genesis game Streets of Rage III (Bare Knuckle III in Japan), who is also a fighting kangaroo with boxing gloves.
- The Cheez is a cross between the canned cheese-esque condiment Cheez Whiz and "chi", the mystical life energy that's supposed to be harnessed by martial artists (at least in pop culture).
- The comments about Roo pretending to be a giant mouse (in his description and his "Kanga Ruse" attack) refer to the Looney Toons character Hippety Hopper, a young kangaroo who was frequently mistaken for a giant mouse by Sylvester the Cat.
- Roo's alignment/catch phrase "For Great Justice" is a reference to the All Your Base phenomenon, which was inspired by the badly-translated opening for the Sega Genesis game Zero Wing.
- A Boxing Kangaroo is a widely accepted figurehead for all Australian national sporting efforts.
- The style of Roo's gift responses is probably a reference to Speed Racer, the American version of the anime "Mach Go Go Go!", where they used breathless, redundant dialogue in order to match the mouth flaps in the animation.
- ". . . holding this with boxing gloves will be the greatest challenge I have faced since that time I tried to type!" is a reference to Homestar Runner, where one of Strong Bad's pet peeves is when people ask him, "How do you type with boxing gloves on?"
- "Australian for beer" is the slogan used outside of Australia and the UK for Foster's Lager, a brand of Australian beer.
|KWE Wrestlers - edit|
|Das Überkühlraum | Vaso De Agua | The Grand Poo-Bah | Thorny Toad | Chori Zo | Morbidda | Poison Oak | Princess Rutabaga | Roo | Woldo | The Snake | Nayztameetjoo | Arrrmetia | Serenity | Inndya | Kitty the Zmobie Basher|