Release the Boots
Release the BootsType: Combat
MP Cost: N/A
|Source:||Have a charged Pair of Stomping Boots as your current familiar|
|Effect:||Directs your Pair of Stomping Boots to smash the current monster into consumable paste.|
|<Familiar name> leaps up, feet flying, heels stomping, buckles jangling, and stomps your opponent into paste. Thank goodness there wasn't a mudhole nearby.|
- This skill can only be used when the Stomping Boots give their "stomping" message at the beginning of combat. Once used, the message will disappear until the boots have recharged.
- Using this skill instantly kills the opponent, except for bosses and certain special monsters.
- The player does not receive any stats for a stomped monster. Familiars and Pasta Thralls gain experience as usual.
- Other than in the context of the exceptions listed below, stomped enemies will not drop any items or meat. This includes quest items and items that normally have a 100% drop rate.
- Special events that are triggered by a monster's death generally do occur:
- Screambats scream.
- Zones in The Cyrpt become less evil.
- You might find a beer lens from an Unemployed knob goblin.
- Island War allies make their kills.
- Slimes may drop a chamois. If they previously swallowed a piece of equipment, the appropriate slime-covered item can drop.
- Adventuring underwater consumes an extra turn (when not Fishy).
- You might find teeth for a Fossilized necklace, when applicable.
- You earn a Clan Trophy from the C. H. U. M. chieftain.
- You get stats from Antiphon, modified by moon sign and/or April Shower buff.
- Crates still drop items as usual.
- The robots in the Thinknerd Warehouse still drop returned Thinknerd packages.
- Items found after combat in the flaming Red Zeppelin still drop.
- The loose coalition of yetis, snowmen, and goats will drop a tiny frozen prehistoric meteorite jawbreaker, if the other conditions are met.
- If in Birdform, the special Birdform drops can still occur.
- The Li'l Businessman Kit can still activate, giving you the appropriate currency for the area.
- Against boss monsters and some unique monsters, this skill does not provide an instant kill and paste drop; instead, it deals damage and displays the following message:
- <Familiar name> shuffles its heels, gets a running start, then leaps on <him> and stomps mightily for 90-110 damage.
- The player gets a consumable spleen item (size/fullness 4) based on the monster's type. Each paste gives both adventures and substats roughly equivalent to spleen items dropped by past Mr. Store familiars.
- Using a paste also grants you 10 turns of a bonus effect. The following is a table of the pastes and their effects: