|With its nose so bright|
leads you to various foes
and gives you cool stuff
Increases Item Drops from Monsters
(Even moreso underwater)
Tracks enemies and retrieves new items from them
|Ultimate Cage Match||Scavenger Hunt||Obstacle Course||Hide and Seek|+15% Meat Drop 4-5 MP +4 Muscle statgain +15% Item Drop +4 Mysticality statgain 8-10 HP +2 Moxie statgain *Hover for details
|Can breathe underwater|
- After combat while adventuring underwater:
- <name> performs an aquatic ballet recital, which is indistinguishable from regular swimming.
- <name> swims around in a figure-eight pattern, which is sort of like a dance for fish I guess?
- <name> does an elaborate tap-dance, but without the wooden floor or tap shoes or feet or not being underwater, it doesn't really sound like anything.
- After combat elsewhere:
- <name> performs a dance that you think might be from The Nutcracker, but it's hard to tell without music or legs.
- <name> does an interpretive dance that you guess is probably about the spirit of Crimbo? Or something?
- <name> either performs an energetic can-can dance, or flops around on the ground gasping for air.
- After combat with 11 of a guided monster:
- <name>'s nose glows extra brightly for a moment, revealing an item you hadn't previously noticed.
|You acquire... something.|
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name>'s light blinks festively beneath the Tam.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name>'s light blinks festively atop the maypole.
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name>'s light shines diffusely (but festively) through the semi-opaque wax lips.
None. The Red-Nosed Snapper had no weaknesses
- Has a "(guide me!)" link in the character panel, taking you to Adjust Your Fish.
- When being guided towards a particular phylum, adds 2 copies of all phylum-aligned monsters to their native zones. These copies are only present with the snapper as your active familiar.
- After beating 11 enemies in a guided phylum, a special item drops.
|Beasts||patch of extra-warm fur||potion||Furrier Than Thou (20)||Superhuman Cold Resistance (+5)|
|Bugs||a bug's lymph||spleen (size 1)||A Bug's Life (60)||
|Constellations||micronova||combat item||Everything Looks Yellow (149)||Vaporizes an enemy and causes all of its items to drop|
|Constructs||industrial lubricant||spleen (size 1)||Industrially Lubricated (30)||
+150% Combat Initiative
|Demons||infernal snowball||potion||Good Chance of Surviving Hell (20)||Superhuman Hot Resistance (+5)|
|Dudes||human musk||combat item||Banish (first 3 are free, afterwards it takes a turn)||Banish an enemy for the rest of the day|
|Elementals||livid energy||spleen (size 1)||Lividly Energized (60)||
|Elves||peppermint syrup||potion||Candied Teeth (20)||
+50% Candy Drops from Monsters
|Fish||fish sauce||spleen (size 1)||Fishy (30)||
-1 Adventure cost underwater
|Goblins||guffin||food (size 3)||awesome food|
|Hippies||organic potpourri||potion||Potpourri Committed (20)||Superhuman Stench Resistance (+5)|
|Hobos||beggin' cologne||spleen (size 1)||Eau d' Clochard (60)||
+100% Meat from Monsters
|Horrors||powdered madness||combat item||Free kill (5/day)||
Instantly dispatch a foe (limit 5/day)
|Humanoids||vial of humanoid growth hormone||spleen (size 1)||HGH-charged (30)||
+50% to all Muscle Gains
|Mer-kin||Mer-kin eyedrops||potion||Sea Seeing (20)||
+30% Item Drops from Monsters (Underwater only)
|Orcs||boot flask||booze (size 3)||awesome booze|
|Penguins||envelope full of Meat||usable||500 meat (affected by modifiers)|
|Pirates||Shantix™||spleen (size 1)||Thou Shant Not Sing (30)||
+50% to all Moxie Gains
|Plants||goodberry||combat item||Full HP combat restore||
Restores all of your HP
|Slimes||extra-strength goo||potion||Gooed Enough For Government Work (20)||Superhuman Sleaze Resistance (+5)|
|Undead||unfinished pleasure||potion||Pleasant Forecast (20)||Superhuman Spooky Resistance (+5)|
|Weird||non-Euclidean angle||spleen (size 1)||Different Way of Seeing Things (30)||
+50% to all Mysticality Gains
- In the middle of January 2020, the haiku was changed slightly. The final line used to be "then asks them to leave".