|Locations||The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)|
|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
This giant is wearing huge, baggy pajama pants, a very large Scooby-Doo T-shirt, and an enormous red-and-white striped hat. He waves two gargantuan glowsticks at you while he chews on a positively brobdingnagian pacifier. He seems peaceful, but his ungainly elephantine feet are dancing ever closer to you while repetitive electronic music goads him on.
He drops his enormous pacifier on your sensitive skull. Ooh! Eek! Ouch! Ooh! Ow! Ow!
He swings one of his glowsticks, which is tied to a giant shoelace, and whacks you in the thigh. Isn't that obnoxious? Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!
He manages to stomp on you, but doesn't miss a beat. Oof! Argh! Ooh! Argh! Eek!
He drops his giant jar of Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub. The fumes overwhelm you and you pass into some kind of minty fugue state. When you come to, you find he's dropped his pacifier on you a couple of times, judging by the giant bruises. Ow! Argh! Ugh! Ooh! Ugh! Eek! Ooh!
He drops his pacifier, but recovers it without missing the beat.
He swings a glowstick on a string at you, but misses.
He almost stomps on you, but is distracted by how wonderful the texture of the walls is.
He dances toward you again, almost stepping on you repeatedly, but suddenly clutches his chest and drops to the floor. Looks like he had a heart attack! He lies unconscious for a while, then gets back up and starts dancing. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 120-180 Meat (average: 150, stdev: 12.65)*|
|You acquire an item: Angry Farmer candy (20% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: giant needle (20% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub (20% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: rave whistle (5% chance)*|
- If you are on the appropriate bounty hunt:
|You acquire a bounty item: discarded pacifier|
|You gain 35 <substat>.|
Occurs at the The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor).
- Some ravers wore striped hats inspired by The Cat in the Hat in the 1990s. They are still purchasable at many amusement parks.
- Users of stimulant drugs like Ecstasy have very elevated heart rates, and the fumble message refers to reports of dancers at raves (where those drugs are common) having heart attacks as a result. Ecstasy also causes the grinding of teeth, hence the need for a pacifier.
- The fact that this giant drops Mick's IcyVapoHotness Rub is a reference to the tendency of Vicks VapoRub to be used by ravers alongside the above mentioned drugs for the purpose of gaining enhanced sensations from the combination.
- "Brobdingnagian" refers to Brobdingnag, a fictional continent populated entirely by giants in Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels, also listed in many dictionaries as a synonym for "huge".
- "Giant Ravers" were fearsome antagonists in Stephen Donaldson's "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever" - Giants possessed by bodiless evil spirits.