Rampaging adding machine
|Rampaging adding machine|
|Locations||The Valley of Rof L'm Fao|
|Monster Parts||arm, leg, paper|
The misuse of language in this area is so widespread, so blatant, and so smug that even the calculators are pissed off about it. Take this thing. This was one of the Baron's most trusted and loyal adding machines, but after a while, it just couldn't take it anymore. In its rage, it realized that its mechanisms were just complicated enough for it to achieve sentience, and what better way to celebrate self-awareness than to go on a murderous rampage?
There is a "whirrrr" sound as it rolls out a little bit of paper tape, and then an "ouch!" sound as it papercuts you on the <shoulder> with it. Ow! Ow! Argh! Ow!
A half-adder emerges from a slot in the machine, and bites you with a single fang. Ugh! Ouch! Oof! Ooh!
It lunges toward you, but when you add the vector of its movement to the vector of yours, it misses you.
It tries to add injury to injury by injuring you twice, but it succeeds only in injuring you zero times.
It lurches toward you, but trips and falls in a mud puddle. A Lamz0r N00b wanders past, pointing and laughing. Wow. Imagine how good this thing must be at contemplating the addition of insult to injury. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 20 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Valley Beyond The Orc Chasm.
- Required in order to combine 334 scrolls, 668 scrolls, 30669 scrolls, 33398 scrolls and 64067 scrolls into higher numbers. To combine scrolls, use two of them against the adding machine in combat. The adding machine will spit out the resulting scroll if it was a valid combination.
- Using scrolls uses them up, and if you use two scrolls that do not make a combination, you get no scrolls in return.
- A summary of what scrolls can be usefully combined can be found here.
- After it takes in any two scrolls, it produces a result (if applicable) and loses 21-31 HP. This damage is not reduced by Monster Level bonuses, nor will it be reduced by ghostly or untouchable Monster Modifiers.
- If using scrolls reduces this monster's HP to 0, you will still receive the output scroll (if applicable).
- Combining scrolls will eventually kill the adding machine. To allow one adding machine to combine more scrolls in a single fight, you can increase its HP by increasing its Monster Level, or you could use the correct Dungeons of Doom potion to heal it.
- Ambidextrous Funkslinging two scrolls will result in the monster immediately adding them together.
- Unlike all other monsters in this zone, the rampaging adding machine takes no damage when the dictionary and facsimile dictionary are used on it.
- The first occurrence of this monster is subject to delay().
- Auto-attacks and Combat Macros will, per default, abort against this monster.
- A half-adder (referred to in a hit message) is a basic electronic circuit that adds two one-bit numbers.
- An adder is also a type of snake. Hence, a half-adder would have only one fang.