|Locations||A Massive Ziggurat|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso, ...wing?|
This is the ghost of a mummy of an ancient high priest, which is pretty scary, but not as scary as the ghost of a mummy of an ancient werewolf high priest would be. Man, that'd be terrifying. And if he'd been a vampire before he caught lycanthropy? Wow. ...But I digress.
Anyway, he seems pretty ticked at you for trying to swipe his amulet, and he's expressing this anger by trying to claw out your organs.
The spectre howls with rage. It isn't technically a banshee, but the sound still messes you up a little. Ouch! Argh! Ooh! Oof! Eek! (spooky damage)
The spectre howls with rage and flays the skin from your bones. It hurts. Ugh! Ugh! Oof! Ouch! Argh! (spooky damage)
The spectre shrieks an incantation to Charcoatl, and gouts of fire rain down from the heavens upon you! Oof! Ow! Ooh! Ouch! Eek! (hot damage)
The spectre doesn't give a new definition to the word 'pain', but let me assure you, the old definition is quite sufficient. Ow! Ow! Ow! Ugh! Ouch! (spooky damage)
The spectre howls with rage, but you cover your ears and hum the theme to Katamari Damacy until it stops.
The spectre slashes at you with its ghostly talons, but they pass harmlessly through you.
The spectre gives a new definition to the word 'pain'. However, the new definition is "a type of laminated plastic used in the manufacture of high-pressure valves", and it's not very effective. (FUMBLE!)
|You lose some hit points. (hot damage)|
The spectre screams a prayer to Pikachutlotal, and bolts of lightning erupt from the sky and strike you!
|You lose some hit points.|
The spectre wails a prayer to Squirtlcthulli, and is bathed in an iridescent blue light.
(Protector Spectre gains some HP)
The spectre howls an invocation to Bulbazinalli, and thick thorny vines burst from the ground, entangling your legs!
|You acquire an effect: Tangled Up|
(duration: 1 Adventure)
|You acquire an item: ancient amulet (100% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: spectre scepter (100% chance)*|
|You gain 121 <substat>.|
- Occurs at A Massive Ziggurat when you choose to open the door in Legend of the Temple in the Hidden City only after you have gathered all four triangular stones.
- This monster is a boss and cannot be copied or insta-killed by normal means.
- Having the Blessing of a particular altar monster does not prevent the Spectre from using that attack.
- Using a scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil kills the Spectre instantly.
- The names of the gods the Spectre prays to are portmanteaux of Pokémon characters and Mayan and Aztec gods' names. The effects are references to the associated natural "element" of the respective Pokémon.
- The miss message about humming the theme to Katamari Damacy is most likely a reference to the Jick show, where there was a running gag of members unable to participate in the current conversation humming the theme until it stopped.