phial of hotness
This vial contains the concentrated quintessence (it's like the essence, only there's five of them!) of hotness. The vial itself is nearly too hot to handle, so you should refrain from letting it light your candle, Mama.
Effect: Hotform (5 Adventures)Hot, Hot, Hot!
Cannot be discarded
(In-game plural: phials of hotness)
- If you don't already have a different elemental form:
|You drink the contents of the phial and are instantly bathed in flames. If that annoying announcer from NBA Jam was here, he'd yell "You're on fire!" at this point.
- If you already have a different elemental form:
|You can't drink that -- you're already in the form of a different element.
- Saucerors will still only make one of these when they cook it up, instead of the 3 they usually get for reagent potions.
- The parenthetical reference to "quintessence" refers to the etymology of the word, which comes from the Latin for "fifth essence". The actual modern (and ancient) meanings of the word are more complex.
- The second line is a lyrical reference to the Otis Redding song "Hard to Handle", famously redone in the 1980s by the Black Crowes.
- The video game NBA Jam had basketball players literally igniting when performing special moves, accompanied by an announcer remarking "You're on fire!", as noted in the consume text.
"6556" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.