This enchanted paintbrush magically paints a different beautiful, stunning, and strange painting for every month of the year. It was created as a prize for the 12 artists whose art will be appearing in the first annual Kingdom of Loathing Fan Art Calendar (which was published in that mysterious alternate universe known as "real life"). Bow before their elite art skills!
(In-game plural: Periodical Paintbrushs)
- Given to artists of the 2008 Calendar of Loathing
Your Periodical Paintbrush paints a picture of <it> taking X damage. It's not a pretty picture, believe me. BAM! POW! BOINK!
You paint with all the colors of the wind -- all the colors that do X damage, that is. WHAM! BOINK! SOCKO!
Your Periodical Paintbrush paints a convincing picture of <it> in pain -- so convincing, in fact, that <it> takes X damage. SMACK! BARF! KAPOW!
You ask your Periodical Paintbrush "could you wanna paint a picture of this monster taking X damage? 'Cause I won't remember." The paintbrush complies. SOCKO! POW! SMACK!
You use <her> like a canvas, painting X damage worth of pure artistic pain. WHAM! WHAM! SPLAT!
- Given by Mr Skullhead to 12 artists (snarles2, Colonel_Hogs, SirJeffreyOfVistledorf, Master Bates, Lierne, Skojar, Southwest, evilmetaldork, Xanthia, Neurion, Brightmeadow, Fallimar)
- X is equal to 5 × Y, where Y is the current Grimace darkness.
- As this item was awarded for winning a calendar illustration contest, it isn't surprising that the enchantment would be based on moon cycles.
- The weapon-specific hit message stating "could you wanna paint a picture..." is a reference to the song "Take a Picture" by Filter.
- "Colors of the wind" is a reference to the song of the same name from Disney's Pocahontas.
|TOP 10 Periodical Paintbrush collections|
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings
|KoL Fan Art Calendar Artist Rewards|
|X is equal to 5 × Y, where Y is the current Grimace darkness.|