|Locations||Investigating a Plaintive Telegram|
|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
Pecos Dave does not seem to want to surrender, and it's a small wonder considering the cozy setup he's got in this mine, what with his leather couch and case of whiskey and huge barrel of revolver ammunition that's he's dumping into his gun as fast as he can shoot it at you.
He shoots a bunch of holes into you. Let's see... five... six... yeah, six holes. Ouch! Ugh! Argh! Ouch! Eek!
He shoots you with all six rounds in his revolver. Eventually, you're going to have more of a problem with lead poisoning than blood loss. Ugh! Ooh! Ow! Ugh! Argh!
He plugs you with three bullets, and then plugs the holes with three more bullets. Ooh! Ouch! Ouch! Ooh! Ooh!
His pistol jams because he's been reloading too fast, and he has to stop and clear it.
Pecos Dave pauses to reload his gun.
Pecos Dave finally gives himself up, and you hogtie him and drag him back through the mine tunnels (fortunately, he had a map). Once you get him outside, you lash him to the back of your horse and ride back to Spitback, and stuff him in the jail with the rest of his goons. The mayor thanks you again, and he and the rest of the townsfolk cheer as you ride off into the sunset. Another telegraph office owner's job well done.
|You acquire an item: Pecos Dave's sixgun (100% chance)*|
- Alternately shoots you for most of your HP and pauses to reload.
- Soft caps to about 50 damage.
- Immune to staggers and stuns.
- A useful strategy is to use Shell Up on the rounds he shoots you, and attacks on the alternate rounds. This requires a wicker slicker, though you can still cast Shell Up once without it.
- Beanscreen is incredible for this fight.
- If you are in-run and have access to That 70s Volcano, New Age healing crystals can provide the needed healing every other round.