|Monster Parts||crown, oil, pseudopod|
You encounter a fountain of oil spraying a good ten feet into the sky. As you approach, it solidifies a little, taking on the form of a big burly man with a ceremonial oily sash. "Dare you to cross my barony?" he burbles, pounding an oily fist into an oily palm (though not a palm oily with palm oil. Just regular oil).
A huge gusher of oil in front of you slowly takes on the rudimentary form of a broad-shouldered man holding a sceptre of office. "I am the oil baron, and this is my barony."
"I suppose resistance would be feudal," you say, and then wish you hadn't.
A great geyser of oil rises up in front of you, resolving into the broad shoulders and fruity sash of an oil baron. You heartily wish it were an oil baby instead.
Please baron mind that he just punched you in the face with an oily fist. Oof! Ugh! (sleaze damage)
He whips off his ceremonial sash and strangles you with it. Eek! Eek! (sleaze damage)
He wraps his ceremonial sash around you, then yanks on it so you spin like a top and then fall into a puddle of oil, soaking yourself in bubblin' crude. (CRITICAL HIT!) Ouch! Ugh! (sleaze damage)
Please baron mind that he just failed to hit you with an oily fist.
After the battle:
- The straining, creaking ground below your feet strains and creaks a little less, as the oil pressure in the peak drops substantially.
And, if you are wearing dress pants:
- Your dress pants manage to soak up a little more of the oil from the ground, too. Dammit.
|You acquire an item: bubblin' crude (100% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: bubblin' crude (30% chance)*|
|You gain ? <substat>.|
- Occurs at Oil Peak with 50-99 Monster Level active.
- This monster will hit you every round. You cannot out-moxie it.
- This monster has a 75% chance of shrugging off multi-round stuns each round, including the round they are used. If a stun is shrugged off instead of wearing off normally the monster will also attack that round.
- This monster resists 50% of all elemental damage.