The Oil Peak is found in The Highlands, and is part of the Orc Chasm Quest.
A primary stat of 85 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
(It is recommended that you have at least 85 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- If you go in here, there will be blood. Oh, yes. There will be blood. And it'll be blood for oil. Are you ready to make that trade?
| oil slick -- (edit metadata)
- Item Drops: bubblin' crude
- Meat Drop: None
- Monster Level: 85 • Substat Gain: 21.25 • Moxie for No Hit*: 95
- Monster Defense: 77
- Hit Points: 60
- Initiative: 50
- Elemental Alignment: sleaze, weak against cold and spooky
- Note: Occurs at 0-19 ML
- The monsters you encounter here are solely determined by your total Monster Level increasers.
- The extra ML caused by the rain depth during the Heavy Rains challenge path is not taken into account to determine the monsters you encounter in this zone.
- To finish the quest on this peak, you must reduce oil pressure by defeating the monsters. The pressure starts at 310.66 µB/Hg (microbowies per Mercury).
- Wearing dress pants increases the pressure reduction of each kill by 6.34 µB/Hg.
|| Pressure reduction
| Number to kill to finish quest
(without dress pants)
| Number to kill to finish quest|
(with dress pants)
|| oil slick
|| oil tycoon
|| oil baron
|| oil cartel
- The name of this adventure location refers to peak oil.
- The unit of oil pressure, µB/Hg (microbowies per Mercury), refers to the song "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen.
- The message with low stats refers to the movie There Will Be Blood, about oil greed. It also refers to the phrase blood for oil, a protest slogan about the American-Iraq War.