This is a knife that has been cunningly chipped from volcanic glass, making it sharper than the sharpest thing ever. For some reason, its facets reflect the light in an odd way, giving it an eerie blue glow.
(In-game plural: obsidian daggers)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
- With the Hidden City revamp on August 24, 2013, the monster that dropped this item was removed. It is currently impossible to get any more of these, but Jick has said that he is planning on it making a return.
- Obsidian was used in the weapons and ceremonial daggers of many Mesoamerican tribes and really can be made into knives sharper than stainless steel (thank you, Wikipedia).
- "Sharper than the sharpest thing ever" is a reference to the Æsahættr from the book The Subtle Knife from the His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman. The Æsahættr had a blueish glow from the way it reflected light.
- This may be a reference to the Gidbinn, the obsidian dagger that's part of a quest in Diablo II, given the area reference.
|TOP 10 obsidian dagger collections|
6. salticid - 228 | 7. KingDobbs - 228 | 8. Yendor - 226 | 9. LowRez - 204 | 10. Jesusisagurl - 202
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings