The Necrotelicomnicon (also known in Latin as the Liber Paginum Fulvarum) is a book dedicated to contacting all manner of horrifying demons and other otherworldly denizens of darkness. Legend has it that the mad Arab Al Aksandir Garambel wrote it after he was driven insane by his very first summoning, a terrifying entity known only as Wa'tz'ynn.
(In-game plural: copies of the Necrotelicomnicon)
- Atempting to use Wa'tz'ynn as a demon name at the Summoning Chamber does not summon any special demon.
- Prior to the November 2013 Sauceror revamp, this item also elementally tuned Sauceror spells.
- The Necrotelecomnicon is a shared joke appearing in the works of Terry Pratchett (Discworld) and Neil Gaiman. It is meant to literally translate as "The Phonebook of the Dead". Similarly, Liber Paginarum Fulvarum is "The Book of Yellow Pages". Those are in turn references to the fictional author Abdul Alhazred's ("the mad Arab") Necronomicon from H.P. Lovecraft's writings.
- Al Aksandir Garambel and Wa'tz'ynn are referencing Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas A. Watson, the inventors of the telephone. Bell spoke the first intelligible sentence ever to be transmitted by telephone, which was, incidentally, "Mr Watson – Come here – I want to see you" (i.e., a summons).
|TOP 10 Necrotelicomnicon collections|
6. kangaroo5 - 377 | 7. Tiny Plastic Grimmy - 323 | 8. Mistress of the Obvious - 277 | 9. Farflier - 270 | 10. dalryaug - 240
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings