|From pest to helper|
A sucker for a good meal
This blood's for you, man.
Damages your enemies and restores your HP
Ability: Sucks HP out of enemies and injects it into player (heals you, and does damage to the monster)
Throne/Bjorn: Weapon Damage +20%, sometimes restore 5-6 MP in combat
Hatchling: mosquito larva
Familiar-Specific Equipment: hypodermic needle
Mumming Trunk Abilities:
| +15% Meat Drop
|| 6-10 MP
|| +4 Muscle statgain
|| +15% Item Drop
|| +4 Mysticality statgain
|| 8-10 HP
|| +2 Moxie statgain
||Boosts combat Initiative
||Deals Sleaze damage*
|*Hover for details
- Regular messages:
- You listen to the soothing (and not at all annoying) buzz of <name>'s wings as he bites your opponent, extracts X damage worth of blood from it, and then injects it into you.
- <Name> sucks X CCs of blood out of your opponent and injects them into you.
- <Name> plunges his tiny proboscis into your opponent, extracting X pints of blood, which he then squirts into your mouth. Yum, I guess.
- You watch with glee as <name> extracts X drops of blood from your enemy. Then you listen with barely-concealed horror as he squirts the blood into your ear.
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <Name> sticks his proboscis into your arm and exhales, carbonating your blood.
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- You feel a sharp jab in the back of your neck as <name> feeds you some magic-enriched blood that he got from... well, hopefully someone healthy.
- When entered in a game of Hide and Seek:
- <name> buzzes incessantly, making it very difficult to remain concealed.
- Damage ranges from ceiling(Z/2) + 1 to Z + 3, where Z is the weight of the familiar.
- The amount of HP you heal is X*2, with a bit of variation.
- Specifically, you heal HP equal to a random number between X*2-floor(*X/5) and X*2+floor(*X/5).
- The healing is triangularly distributed around X*2.
- It acts 30% of the time, and always steals a minimum of 2 hit points.
- It can act even after you deal a monster enough damage to kill it.
- The mosquito acts after your attack, but before the monster's attack if any. This means that any healing is added to your HP before you lose any from the attack. The benefit is that one can be healed of damage before being knocked to 0 or less. The drawback is that if one is at or near full health and the familiar acts, the HP that would be over max are lost BEFORE you lose health from the monster.
- Acquired from the Spooky Forest Quest quest.
- This familiar has another piece of familiar equipment, the Serrated proboscis extension.
- Ironically, despite its power, it is significantly less effective than the Vicious spiked collar at boosting damage.
- Although the wax lips message has the pronoun "his", in real life only female mosquitos drink blood. The males drink flower nectar.
- The Sorceress' Mosquito is one of the pets which may appear in The Sorceress's Chamber.
- Prior to the update of March 1, 2012, the lower healing limit was 1 and the action rate was 20%. Also, the Mosquito used to display only 1 message:
- <name> sucks some blood out of your opponent and injects it into you.
- Prior to the trivial update on February 25, 2014, the amount of damage dealt was between floor(Z/2) - 3 and floor(Z/2), where Z was the weight of the familiar. Also, HP healed by the mosquito was equal to the damage it inflicted.
- The last line in the haiku is a spoof off of Budweiser's well-known catchphrase, which states that "This Bud's for you".