This dread sea scroll almost certainly contains ancient Mer-kin religious secrets.
(In-game plural: Mer-kin dreadscrolls)
|When the is in the House of ,|
and the Current runs ,
when a births ,
the Elder shall awaken.
- If you get all 8 choices correct:
- If you do not:
|You read the prophecy aloud from the scroll.
Something about that... wasn't right. Murk clouds your vision as your mind revolts against the innacuracy.
- If you already have a Deep-Tainted Mind:
|Your mind is still addled from your last failed prognostication. You should wait. And also get better at prognostication, dummy.|
- If you are the Champion of the Arena:
- You can get 3 words from Playing the Catalog Card, one from using a Mer-kin killscroll in combat, the fish clue from using a Mer-kin healscroll in combat, the direction from using a Mer-kin knucklebone, one from casting Deep Dark Visions, and one from eating sushi while having Mer-kin worktea in inventory.
- For those inclined on skipping the worktea clue, it is clue 7 (the [animal] one).
- The number of turns of Deep-Tainted Mind is 3x the number of incorrect words.
- Failure and success both take an adventure. The number of turns of Deep-Tainted Mind is decremented by 1 by this turn, so you actually get (3x - 1) turns upon failure. If your last adventure was underwater and you do not have the Fishy effect, it takes 2 adventures instead (so you get (3x - 2) turns).
- Can be used with 0 adventures.