| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
|Monster Parts||arm, head, tail, torso|
This Mer-kin is trained in the deadly art of the dodgeball, a weighted sphere studded with nasty poison-tipped spikes. I suppose calling it a "dodgeball" is like calling a knife an "avoidpointybit," but who are we to disparage the rich heritage of Mer-kin naming conventions?
He lobs the ball square at your crotch. If you're male, one more ball and you get a walk. Either way, it really hurt. Ouch! Ugh! Ouch!
He throws the ball at you, shouting, "here, catch!" Aw, man, you shouldn't have caught that. Ouch! Eek! Oof!
You taunt the Mer-kin's ball, but your taunts dry up when it smacks you in the <shoulder>. Man, that's not happy or fun. Argh! Ouch! Eek!
He beans you in the <knee> with the ball, causing you to bawl.
He throws the ball at you, but you dodge it. Yes, you dodge it artfully. That joke never gets old.
He tosses the ball in the air -- er, water -- and whips it toward you with his tail. You gleefully shout, "STEEERRRIIIIKE ONE!" as it misses you by a country league.
He glances at your exposed underbelly and cocks his arm back for a powerful throw. Looks like he's trying to gain an advantage over you...
- On use of Net Gain: He hurls the dodgeball at your gut, but you deftly catch it with your net before it makes contact. Nice move!
- Otherwise: He hurls the dodgeball directly at your gut. You double over in a combination of several types of pain.
You acquire an effect: Gutballed
(duration: 1 Adventure)
He gets a crazy look in his eyes -- like he's about to experience a serious loss of control...
- On use of Net Loss: You wave the net in front of him, breaking his concentration and preventing him from freaking out on you. Good work!
- Otherwise: Something snaps inside of him, and he begins to fight with doubled intensity.
He closes his eyes and begins to meditate. His facial features take on an ominous neutrality.
- On use of Net Neutrality: You snap the net against his face like the world's wettest towel, disrupting his meditation. Good job!
- Otherwise: He reopens his eyes, which are now glowing eerily. That can't be good.
|You gain 40-60 Meat. (average: 50, stdev: 4.47)*|
Occurs at the Mer-kin Colosseum.
- Will display a message on the turn before using its special attacks.
- The first special attack (gain) gives you the Gutballed debuff for one adventure.
- The second special attack (loss) does something... (increase attack level maybe)?
- The third special attack (neutrality) reduces any damage you would have dealt to 1 for the rest of the encounter.
- Do not taunt the Happy Fun Ball.