You walk into the abandoned city hall, and wander around until you find an important-looking office door. You open it. "Dammit, Laverne, I told you I was not to be disturbed!"
"I'm not Laverne," you reply. "Surely you can see that."
"Well then, dammit, whoever you are,"
"<name>," you interrupt.
"Ahem. Dammit, <name>, you can't just barge in here and interfere with the execution of important mayoral business! It's just not done! I guess we'll just have to move on to the next item on the agenda -- the execution of ... let's see, who's next up... <name>!"
He pulls out a pair of ceremonial scissors and cuts a ribbon. The ribbon in this production is played by your <bung>. Ugh! Ouch! Ooh! Eek! Ugh!
He passes a new by-law requiring all adventurers to punch themselves in the <foot>. You register a complaint, but it turns out you can't fight City Hall. Ooh! Argh! Oof! Ow! Ugh!
He hits you in the throat with an enormous ghostly gavel. You object! Ow! Ow! Oof! Ooh! Eek!
He holds out a large brass key. When you step forward to graciously accept it, he clocks you in the head. Eek! Ooh! Eek! Ow! Oof!
Mayor Ghost declares a parade to celebrate the centennial anniversary of his election. You get trampled by a squad of ghost-horseback-mounted ghost police officers and three ghost high-school marching bands. Eek! Argh! Ooh! Eek! Ooh!
He punches you in the face after declaring it a disaster area. Hey! Ouch! Argh! Oof! Ooh! Eek!
He tries to punch you in the face, but his fist goes right through it.
He has to check the budget to make sure there's enough funds available to cover wear-and-tear on municipal property when he beats you in the head with various bits of it.
He lunges to attack you, but is distracted by some other ghosts complaining about potholes. (Ghost potholes are the worst.)
Mayor Ghost orders his secretary to take a memo to order the town council to form a committee to look into methods and options re: kicking your ass. "You're gonna be in real trouble eventually," he smirks.
He tries to hit you in the face with a big ghostly gavel, but you overrule it.
He has to check the budget to make sure there's enough funds available to cover wear-and-tear on municipal property when he beats you in the head with various bits of it. (FUMBLE!)
Mayor Ghost steps behind his official mayoral podium to issue a decree: "NO ELEMENTAL DAMAGE MAY BE DEALT TO ANY MAYOR WITHIN DREADSYLVANIAN VILLAGE LIMITS."
Mayor Ghost steps behind his official mayoral podium to issue a decree: "NO SKILLS OR SPELLS MAY BE USED WITHIN DREADSYLVANIAN VILLAGE LIMITS."
Mayor Ghost steps behind his official mayoral podium to issue a decree: "NO COMBAT ITEMS MAY BE USED WITHIN DREADSYLVANIAN VILLAGE LIMITS."
|An item drops: Mayor Ghost's cloak|
|An item drops: Mayor Ghost's khakis|
|An item drops: Mayor Ghost's toupee|
|An item drops: 0-3 ghost pepper|
|You acquire a clan trophy:||Corporeal Necktie|
|You gain ??? <substat>.|
- This monster cannot be copied.
- Before this fight, remove all sources of passive elemental damage. Do not perform the act he bans each round or you will be executed with the message:
- The mayoral execution squad arrives and beheads you.
|You lose all hit points.|
- There are three possible bans that he will perform, and that ban lasts only for the following round.
- Bans on dealing any elemental damage from all sources.
- Bans on using any spells or skills.
- Bans on using combat items.
- Mayor Ghost is a proper ghost, immune to physical damage.
- If you perform an action that results in a "free" combat round, such as casting saucy salve, you will still be attacked during the "free" round, although a new ban will not be issued.
- Mayor Ghost is immune to stuns and staggers.
- One tactic for defeating this boss is to maximise spell damage and load up on love songs and scented massage oils. During the fight, either fling love songs or cast a spell, unless elemental damage is banned in which case you should either heal up or try to "waste" the combat round. Without the Mayor Ghost's gavel or Pill Power, you are unable to deal any meaningful damage to Mayor Ghost when he bans elemental damage.
- Stats at 1 kiss: 1500 attack, 1500 defense, 10000 HP, 1353 damage cap.
- Stats at 2 kisses: 2000 attack, 2000 defense, 12000 HP, 1239 damage cap.
- Stats at 3 kisses: 2500 attack, 2500 defense, 14000 HP, 1161 damage cap.
- Stats at 5 kisses: 3500 attack, 3500 defense, 18000 HP, 1073 damage cap.
- The number of ghost peppers depends on the total number of kisses across all zones of the Dreadsylvania instance at the time the boss is killed. Exact formula needs spading.
- Laverne & Shirley, very carefully not quoting "Don't call me Shirley", work their way into the banter.