|Locations||South of The Border|
|Monster Parts||skull, arm, leg, torso|
This frightening apparition is a malevolently animated skeleton wearing a mariachi suit. Even though it's a skeleton, it somehow has a gigantic beer belly. You probably shouldn't have eaten the worm at the bottom of the mescal.
It pokes you in the <ear> with one skeletal finger. Ugh! Ow!
It plays a skeletal tune on its skeletal guitar. You feel chills running up and down your <thigh>. Ouch! Ugh!
He plays a brisk tune on his guitar (not pictured) and you suddenly burst into flames. This thing must be a friend of the Devil. Ugh! Argh! Oof! (hot damage)
It tries to poke you with its skeletal fingers, but you break one off and find it's made of tasty marzipan.
It plays a skeletal tune on its skeletal guitar. You tell it that its suit has a touch of grey in it, but it kind of suits it anyway.
It asks you if you want it to play you a song, but you avert your eyes and make vague dismissive sounds. Close call! (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: bottle of tequila (30.1% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: marzipan skull (30.4% chance)*|
- If you are on the appropriate bounty hunt:
|You acquire an item: callused fingerbone (100% chance)*|
|You gain 4 <substat>.|
Occurs at South of The Border.
- Using Pickpocket on this monster may yield a calavera concertina from about 5% of pickpocket attempts.
- Despite its skeletal nature, the Mariachi calavera is immune to the rusty bonesaw. Per #6, it's too fast for the bonesaw to be effective.
- The "skeletal tune" miss message is a reference to the song "Touch of Grey", by The Grateful Dead: "Oh well a touch of grey, kinda suits you anyway / That's all I had to say, but it's all right."
- "Mariachi calavera" is Spanish for, roughly, "skull musician".
- The introductory text refers to mescal (not tequila, despite the popular myth) traditionally being served with a worm at the bottom of the bottle.